Took an Aspire back in time, LOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took an Aspire back in time, LOL

I was working on Jiminy Crickets 95 Aspire over the weekend and it had a bad clutch and the 5-speed was making some bad noises. So I tore it down and the trans was on it's way out. Well the dilema was we only had Festiva transmissions laying around, so I figured out how different the mounts and everything were and after some serious head scratching I figured out I could use a Festiva trans, mounts and craddle to get it all back together. So now there is an Aspire running around with older parts keeping it alive. I just thought it was kinda funny because most are trying to upgrade and use newer parts to keep them alive and I took this Aspire back a step by using parts from an older car.
    Last edited by kartracer46; 06-28-2011, 08:25 AM.
    91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
    82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
    85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

I spoke with Angela, a few days ago, and she says it has more pickup now that it had when they first bought it.
    So they're happy and they may actually get better MPG with the festiva tranny!
    Once again good job Kartracer!
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

A few months back we put a motor out of a '92 into a '95 Aspire... The '92 even had more miles than the Aspire, but the Aspire was burnin the heck out of some oil, and the '92 was a recent rebuild lol. I've put an Aspire 5-speed into and Auto festiva before, and put a festiva 5-speed in an auto Aspire. The aspire w/fest trans was a dog at lower speeds, but way better on the highway (I guess because of better aerodynamics).
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
        I spoke with Angela, a few days ago, and she says it has more pickup now that it had when they first bought it.
        So they're happy and they may actually get better MPG with the festiva tranny!
        Once again good job Kartracer!
        I second that. Angela called me when she was out on her first test drive and told me the same thing. In addition, she's very happy with the new clutch you put in littlebluecar. You made two people really happy this weekend. Good work Jay.
        1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
        1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
        Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
        website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

Working...
        X