No announcement yet.

Relocating the VIN plate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I concur Karl. You don't want to vent the engine heat/air into the cowl area. It could be fatal if there is an exhaust leak. How about some hood louvers?
    Rick
    1993 Ford Festiva
    1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
    1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
    2000 Ford E350

Comment

Yes I have also thought of the fumes getting into the passenger compartment, for that I'd most likely seal off that area so no fumes get inside the car

In my mind, modifying the hood is just not an option, I am no good at body work and I can't see me paying someone else to do it, not to mention I like how my car is such a sleeper with having no body mods from my engine work, so I wanna keep it that way

I'm not saying I plan to follow through with these ideas, I'm just entertaining the ideas and getting all the pros/cons for if I do decide to do the mods, that way I know what I'm getting into

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Is not the cowl the source for the ventilation system for the passenger compartment?
        1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
        1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
        1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
        1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
        2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
        2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
        2005 Accord - wife's DD
        2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
        2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Yep.

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Run no hood problem solved polish up all aluminum make it look good
            93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
            RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
            RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

I've sen a few pics of the Shelby GT500 heat extractor on some Harley F150s and Lightning and it looked really good. So I asked a friend to photo shop a quick heat extractor onto my Festiva.

The angle from the two original pics were not the same so it doesnt look 100% but here's a rough idea of what it would look like. Oh and it's 58 bucks from my secret website if you guys want one

Chris this might help with your heat issue
              -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Someone should Photoshop it better to see what it would look like correct or just actually install it lol
                -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Originally posted by skimsucka View Post
                  Run no hood problem solved polish up all aluminum make it look good
                  That thought has definately crossed my mind :lol: but i doubt i'll ever do it driving down the road, but at the track, probably :lol:

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
                  Someone should Photoshop it better to see what it would look like correct or just actually install it lol
                  Well someone could photoshop it or i could pull up a pic of NovaSS's hood

But again, i do not want to cut my hood, at all....... the reason i said i'm only entertaining this idea is because i have no idea if i will even have a heat issue, i'm basically only planning for the "what if's"

But thanks for all the replies guys

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                  X