Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

think i found an omni to replace my wifes wrecked one :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't quite understand, Arty. Do you mean he's not using correct shaped lug nuts? Ie., 60 degree instead of ball or flat?

My VW wheels take "ball" style, though I did originally use 60 degree cone lug bolts at first and never had any problems. (I'm running actual VW bolts now.) When I put on my new Estrellas I'll have to use the 60 degree ones again, but I think I'll be converting to studs and nuts.

Question: Is "mag" the "flat" style?

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

shank style lug nuts i think thats what they are. i just checked and i only have one lug/stud seated proper and snug on my rear pass side and its kinda scary cayse i drive back and forth from b-more everyday. the guys at the tire shop didnt treat them with respect and hand thread them they just went balls out with a fricken impact and got the studs stuck in the lugs and i think cross threaded them. arty and i fixed 2 of them on the front pass side it just pisses me off! now me and the mad scientest gota rip apart the block and replace the piston rings you fried ha ha jk. any way now i have to rethread them an hopefully i dont need a whole new hub
      -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
      -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Just more reason to keep your car away from other people!! They won't care as much as you do.

Didja get the Omni, or is that later tonight?

Karl

Comment

drivin to hershey to look at it tonight. i hope my wife likes the car because i love it and it comes with so much extra stuff that i think between sellint the extra parts and stripping her other omni for parts we could pretty much have a free car comeon bro 2 glh turbo motors a turbo 5 speed trans glh wireing harness 2 sets of glh wheels w/ tires a glh hood daytona wheels/tires extra interior and body parts and he said to bring a truck for the extra parts! love it bro love it
          -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
          -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

GLH festiva ftw!!!!!

Comment

If I had a set of the first year GLH "pizza wheels," I'd put them on a Festiva! Only problem is they're a bit heavy. MY five bolts are at least 18 pounds, IIRC!

Karl

Comment

ill have 2 sets if i get the car want one?

Comment

leavin to go see it rite now

Comment

keep us posted
                    :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

getting gth omni this sat. my wife loves it and so do i it comes with loads of extra parts! it has 16" shelby datona wheels on it with new tires a full shelby datona seat swap 2 i repeat full turbo motors 1 directly from a glh and the other from a plymouth laser, a turbo 5 speed trans (its auto now) 4 sets of fenders 2 hoods (1 glh) 2 sets of wheels with tires full glh body kit in amazing condition (verry hard to find) fyll daytona disk break swap (fricken 13" rotors!) interior looks great (unlike mine) drove great but the alignment seemed a little off. only 1 defect and that is the temp gauge. the kid thought it was the head gasket because it would loose coolant in the winter so he bought a gasket in the spring but it stopped loosing coolant, any ideas? the temp gauge goes up then it goes down and stays down then it will go up then down. i checked the compression while is was there and it was pretty much even all across all 4 cyl but alittle on the low side its an older motor so it prob is ring ware. there wasnt oil in the coolant or coolant in the oil so i dont think its the gasket but im puzzled.

Comment

a head gasket can fail between a cylinder and a cooling passage, not loose coolant, and cause temp spikes. Most of these failures do not show during a compression test. So, could still be a head gasket. Also, if the low cylinders were next to each other, the gasket could be leaking between the two cylinders.
                        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Cool!

Bobby asked:

"I'll have 2 sets if i get the car want one?"

No thanks! (I'm trying to get rid of mine, since I don't need them. Also got a K car radiator in really good shape to get rid of. Gonna CL them soon. I'd love to get a hypo Mopar FWD but it ain't practical.)

Karl

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
                            a head gasket can fail between a cylinder and a cooling passage, not loose coolant, and cause temp spikes. Most of these failures do not show during a compression test. So, could still be a head gasket. Also, if the low cylinders were next to each other, the gasket could be leaking between the two cylinders.
                            hmmm well i guess its time to try out some of that blue devil crap until the i rebuild the spare motor. ive always wondered if it actually works anyway

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
                              hmmm well i guess its time to try out some of that blue devil crap until the i rebuild the spare motor. ive always wondered if it actually works anyway
                              first hand experience = no.

old mechanic's trick that works better than that stuff; dump a can of black pepper into the cooling system.
                              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                              Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

^really!!! come bro dont play with me this will be my wifes daily driver are you for real? how big of a can? into the overflow tank or direct into the rad?
                                Last edited by bobbyspider; 07-07-2011, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X