Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Festiva wiring through cassette player ... is essential to the starter?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva wiring through cassette player ... is essential to the starter?!

So i went to remove that old cassette player that's been hanging out of the dash ever since i bought this awesome Festiva from my sister for a song. I snip all the wires and out comes the stereo, which i toss. Then i go to start the car and there is no juice to anywhere! It's dead as a log. What did i snip wrong? How might i get my fun Festiva to start again?!

>Marlin

did you cut the wire harness?
    Proud owner of Casper

Comment

Originally posted by Marlin7 View Post
      So i went to remove that old cassette player that's been hanging out of the dash ever since i bought this awesome Festiva from my sister for a song. I snip all the wires and out comes the stereo, which i toss. Then i go to start the car and there is no juice to anywhere! It's dead as a log. What did i snip wrong? How might i get my fun Festiva to start again?!
      >Marlin
      Check your fusible links under the hood, sounds like you might have shorted one out (MAIN) when you clipped the wires. If that's the case, do a search for cassette fuses at your local auto shops. The part number I use up here is FTF-40 for a 40amp fuse, but the part number there may be different.

Btw, I'm looking for a stock Festy radio if you're looking to have someone use it instead of tossing it, (it and its radio plug). I park my Festy in a surface lot all day, and having a stock radio in Farmstiva won't be any different to a thief than having the hole in the dash that I currently have (and no way to hook up a stock radio), but would make a world of difference to me driving back and forth from the city every day (roughly 55 miles/90 klicks one way).
      Carz:
      '09 Ford F-150
      '80 Chrysler LeBaron Town and Country
      '80 Volvo 240 2dr coupe

'93 Festiva GL
      225996.9 kilometers = 140428.0 miles on the odometer
      ...and definitely more soon..

Comment

Originally posted by darrenryall View Post
        Check your fusible links under the hood, sounds like you might have shorted one out (MAIN) when you clipped the wires. If that's the case, do a search for cassette fuses at your local auto shops. The part number I use up here is FTF-40 for a 40amp fuse, but the part number there may be different.

Btw, I'm looking for a stock Festy radio if you're looking to have someone use it instead of tossing it, (it and its radio plug). I park my Festy in a surface lot all day, and having a stock radio in Farmstiva won't be any different to a thief than having the hole in the dash that I currently have (and no way to hook up a stock radio), but would make a world of difference to me driving back and forth from the city every day (roughly 55 miles/90 klicks one way).
        I got this. PM comming your way.

Comment

@hamburglar : Can you provide a bit of info about how i might identify "the wire harness"?

@darrenyall : I will: Check your fusible links under the hood, sounds like you might have shorted one out (MAIN) when you clipped the wires. If that's the case, do a search for cassette fuses at your local auto shops. The part number I use up here is FTF-40 for a 40amp fuse, but the part number there may be different. Also, i will take a picture of the cassette player and you can see if you want it, if i can find it. (Maybe i didn't toss it *out*).

Comment

Just checking in.. was the fusible link burnt out?
            Carz:
            '09 Ford F-150
            '80 Chrysler LeBaron Town and Country
            '80 Volvo 240 2dr coupe

'93 Festiva GL
            225996.9 kilometers = 140428.0 miles on the odometer
            ...and definitely more soon..

Comment

Working...
            X