• Oldest Festiva

Just curious- Who's got the earliest production date? My door jam sticker
    says 07/87.

I've got the newest maybe.
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

The west-coasters have the best chance of having the oldest. Cali started to get them in the spring of '87, as early '88 models.
      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

What a shame. In southern Ontario, Canada, pre-1988 vehicles are exempt from bi-annual emissions testing. I'd do anything to get the official papers and sheetmetal for an 87-titled Festiva.

Comment

Originally posted by seattlestiva View Post
          says 07/87.
          I had an 87 build date. Don't recall the month. I'll try to look it up.
          I also have the newest. Beat freshtiva by one day iirc. That means Our stivas were on the boat together!
          There is an old thread like this.
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by seattlestiva View Post
            says 07/87.
            Found a thread where I picked up my 16th. My build date was 9/87. You win!
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
              What a shame. In southern Ontario, Canada, pre-1988 vehicles are exempt from bi-annual emissions testing. I'd do anything to get the official papers and sheetmetal for an 87-titled Festiva.
              I want to move to northern Ontario, there is no etests

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Kind of off topic, but what if all the gearheads in the country could just move to 1 state or providence. In no time we would own the government of said state, no emissions, no outlawed parts, good old safe n' prudent speed limits with gearhead cops who just wanted to pull you over to talk shop. There would be a lot of accidents of coarse, but that comes with the territory and auto insurance would be an option. I guess it would be like the good old days that granpa used to talk about.
                Just a rant
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                  Kind of off topic, but what if all the gearheads in the country could just move to 1 state or providence. In no time we would own the government of said state, no emissions, no outlawed parts, good old safe n' prudent speed limits with gearhead cops who just wanted to pull you over to talk shop. There would be a lot of accidents of coarse, but that comes with the territory and auto insurance would be an option. I guess it would be like the good old days that granpa used to talk about.
                  Just a rant
                  ^^^^^^ i 100% agree lol but only in my dreams
                  the heart beat of america stops here______________/\
                  \/\_____________FORD
                  FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                    I want to move to northern Ontario, there is no etests
                    Or Vancouver Island!
                    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Or Montana

You can permanently register vehicles 11 years old or older and never register again.
                      Only around $100, too.
                      There are no vehicle inspections- safety equipment or emissions.
                      ~Austin
                      Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                        I've got the newest maybe.
                        Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                        I had an 87 build date. Don't recall the month. I'll try to look it up.
                        I also have the newest. Beat freshtiva by one day iirc. That means Our stivas were on the boat together!
                        There is an old thread like this.
                        Yeah you do " IIRC ", do you still have that car ?
                        sigpic
                        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                          Yeah you do " IIRC ", do you still have that car ?
                          If I recall correctly.
                          1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                            Just a rant
                            already planning to retire to AZ!! I'll help you take over!!!
                            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
                              already planning to retire to AZ!! I'll help you take over!!!
                              Sounds like a plan, but you gotta act soon, we are losing our freedom more and more every day. Arizona does have some great roads and tracks and great weather most of the year.
                              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
                              X