No announcement yet.

New member, new Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't listen to that Jim guy. It's called an "Irish Plastic Purse" and it holds four leaf clovers from inside a fairy circle, for good cheer and an occasional burst of power, if you hold your tongue right.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by majo8 View Post
      I'm planning on running this little car in next year's "24 Hours on LeMons" race.
      That car is too nice to tear up.

sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Guys.........this car is more rough than the pictures let on. The hood, roof, and even the fender bulges have light hail damage, and there is rust that doesn't show in the pics ( the front of the hood has 3-4 rust holes ) -- I'll take some more soon and post them.

The dashboard is in great shape, but the front seats are totally roached, the parking brake doesn't work, the carpet and headliner were nasty, and the interior panels in the back seat and trunk area are sorry.

Mechanically, I need to replace the front sway bar bushings, motor mounts, valve cover gasket, and cvt boots.

On the plus side: the floor is solid ( except for a small gash that poked through and has minimal rust ), the engine, clutch, and tranny are in good shape. The shifter is tight, and shifts like new.

I've always been a fan of the Festiva, which is why I chose one for this project. A friend had one 20 years ago ( had the tach, a/c, and nice wheels ) and I was/am impressed with the interior room, styling, and gas mileage. I'd be happy to drive this car as a DD if my job was different ( I'm in wine sales, and I drive 500 miles a week and occasionally need to take a client in my car ).

I'll be starting a thread soon to detail the prep for racing next year. I'll try to detail the build as it progresses ( I have 10 months ), and I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions!

Over the last couple days, I've stripped the interior -- here's a pic:

Last edited by majo8; 08-27-2011, 11:52 PM.

Comment

This one had an engine fire, burned most of the engine compartment and was infested with mice. Had to replace everything on it. It drove nice today, all day long, and will for years to come.

Every problem you’ve mentioned can be corrected with less work then it will take to make it race worthy.

Please don’t wreck it. Festys in that shape are getting hard to find. See below
          Enter your Festiva, Aspire, 121 or Pride. Everyone has a chance, enter as often as you like!
          Last edited by freshtiva; 08-28-2011, 12:29 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm in wine sales, and I drive 500 miles a week and occasionally need to take a client in my car.
            You drive a Maserati Quattroporte?!

In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Fresh -- nice restoration! I'm currently restoring a plain jane '67 Mercury Cougar XR7. The color is Tiffany Blue, which is close to the Auqa color on the Festiva.

Driver -- I wish I had such a nice ride! But I'm stuck with driving a six year old Civic for work......not much dough in the low end of the retail wine trade.

I changed the oil, filter, and pcv valve on the Festiva today, but the parts store didn't carry an air filter. Any suggestions on a good brand to use?

Comment

Six year old civics are great 24 hour lemons cars !!
                sigpic

Comment

^^He's right you know

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I'm currently restoring a plain jane '67 Mercury Cougar XR7.
                    My Second favorite car after the festiva. Would love to see pics. Welcome!
                    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                      My Second favorite car after the festiva. Would love to see pics. Welcome!
                      Here's a pic before I tore it apart:

Here's how it sits now -- need to finish up bodywork and get it into paint.

Comment

^Thats purdy, we have a '69 Cat, standard trim, sold by my dad's dad to the family, later bought by my dad's brother, who shipped it out about 6-7 years ago, 71k original miles, numbers matching
                        Owner of:
                        1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                        In progress:
                        BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

Working...
                        X