No announcement yet.

Top Gear Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

because to a ferrari a corvette is primitive. So their they are correct when comparing the two
    Proud owner of Casper

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixSHO View Post
      Hey you , hows the gun doing? any updates?

Surpries in store in the next couple weeks
      money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

Originally posted by hamburglar View Post
        because to a ferrari a corvette is primitive. So their they are correct when comparing the two
        This.
        Remember Jeremy saying the Vette started falling apart when they had it? I'd say that's pretty primitive. I guess you could say because it's meant to be light it's not supposed to be tough, but IDK. Lotus' cars seem to stay together when UK Top Gear has them. A car built by turnip farmers, no less.

We just don't seem to have many that can do good build quality, speed, and handling all in one till lately anyway. A Ferrari even adds comfort into that mix. Tough to say a Corvette is just as "good" when you consider everything. They also make fun of their own cars when they are garbage too.
        Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
          This.
          Remember Jeremy saying the Vette started falling apart when they had it? I'd say that's pretty primitive. I guess you could say because it's meant to be light it's not supposed to be tough, but IDK. Lotus' cars seem to stay together when UK Top Gear has them. A car built by turnip farmers, no less.

We just don't seem to have many that can do good build quality, speed, and handling all in one till lately anyway. A Ferrari even adds comfort into that mix. Tough to say a Corvette is just as "good" when you consider everything. They also make fun of their own cars when they are garbage too.
          You do have to take into consideration that Top Gear is a scripted TV show. If they want to make the Corvette look like a cheap plastic car, they probably will.
          BP, Aspire brakes, stock trans.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesmc View Post
            You do have to take into consideration that Top Gear is a scripted TV show. If they want to make the Corvette look like a cheap plastic car, they probably will.
            He pushed on the back bumper cover and it bowed in and out like nothing was holding it in place. I guess they could have rigged that, but my uncle has an older Vette and he says build quality was crap back then too.

As said, they make fun of European cars when they are garbage too. Always making fun of workers striking all the time and not caring about their work when they were there to work. Build quality being garbage. Even big names like Mercedes have been poked at at times when they are garbage.
            Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
            91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Working...
            X