Auto Seatbelts...use lap belt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Seatbelts...use lap belt?

For those of you that have auto seatbelts in your festy, how many of you actually use the seperate lap belt portion?
    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Me.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I did for my driving test...
      And Ill put it on if/when I get pulled over
      Owner of:
      1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
      In progress:
      BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

100% of the time. The PO never did.... it was disgusting. Pulled it out for the first time and so much gravel dust came flying out.....
        Buck.
        -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
        -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
        -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

The shoulder strap wont help you much w/o the lap belt. You'll just slide out of it in a crash.
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Just wondering if it's worth all the work to put the auto belts back in my car or just modify the manual belts to fit....picked up a pretty much complete auto belt setup today w/interior trim panels for $25 but didn't get the lap portions due to rusted out bolts/parts. I wouldn't mind having the manual belts but I also want/need the auto belt trim panels to clean up the interior
            "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

at the speeds driven on the island, in the festiva, seatbelts might not make much of a difference, but I am all for safety, Im just lazy
              Owner of:
              1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
              In progress:
              BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

I got a box full of seat belt parts. I could probably fix you up with the lap portion.
                sigpic
                The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

My lap belts are deleted
                  Previous owner of ZEFstiva

Comment

I think alot of people just use the auto belts to keep the cops away, but not using the lap belt will get you hurt.
                    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

I put 4dr Aspire seats in mine so it doesn't have the section to hold the lap belts. I need to fab something up and this has reminded me of it.
                      91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                        I got a box full of seat belt parts. I could probably fix you up with the lap portion.
                        Sweet. Gonna make it to madness?

Originally posted by sc72 View Post
                        I think alot of people just use the auto belts to keep the cops away, but not using the lap belt will get you hurt.
                        I never wore mine in my other 2 festies. Guess I need to be safer though

Comment

i hated my auto belts with a passion. that was my first mod... auto to manual belts
                          I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

I hate the auto belts... two of our three Festivas have them, as well as my MX6. I need to switch all the festivas to manual. But to answer the original question, yes, I always use the lap belt. Just imagine how pleasant it would feel in a wreck at freeway speeds... car stops, the top half of the belt catches you, the bottom part of you slides down... till the belt catches the bottom of your head
                            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Safety doesn't matter in a festiva. If you're in an accident you'll die. >_< Seriously though, I wear it. Every bit helps with these cars.
                              BP, Aspire brakes, stock trans.

Comment

Working...
                              X