No announcement yet.

23 yrs later....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a real shame ! Sorry man, you must feel sick.
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

If there is any doubt about your health, go get checked out. "Soft tissue injury" can be real.

I hope you can document as much as possible about your build. Pictures, posts here at FF.COM, receipts, leftover paint cans, etc.

I have to say I was pretty pleased with the way my insurance company dealt with my uninsured stop sign runner who crashed into Twinstiva. I got $1640 after my $250 deductable and $125 scrap value. She had 95K miles and NO RUST, but otherwise stock. I had about $1300 in her, including new front tires. I hope to have her back on the road before winter.

I'm glad you seem to be okay. The car damage does not look hopeless, but it's a lot of work you shouldn't have had to do!

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Ouch man.. 5 years huh? I think id rather split with the old lady than lose my car.. really sucks the guy was a doushe after he ruined your day too. Anything salvageable at all? Motor any good still?
        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Go to the doctor now, get everything checked out... better safe then sorry.
          :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

Man.... so so sorry. Yes your health is most important. But so very sorry for your loss. Get a lawyer and fight light so many are suggesting.
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

This makes me sick. I love that car. We have all the parts to fix sonic if you can get it here. Just cut up and parted two cars. Saved almost everything. See what you can work out there and then let us know. Glad you are ok.
              1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
              1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
              Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
              website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind words I will be in touch.
                1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

This sucks... I loved your car.
                  1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
                  Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
                  daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
                  A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

My guess is the insurance company will try to "total" it. I've been in your position before, and it sucks. They'll offer you "book value" and deduct the salvage value if you want to keep the car. Dealing with Insurance companies (especially someone elses) is a total nightmare. Hang in there and good luck.
                    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

dont settle for 500, find one that has similar mods that is for sale and send a copy of the add into the insurance agency, i think you need 2 or 3 that are similar to yours and then they base your cars value on the modified value even with out recipts and proving who did the work

Comment

Mike, I gotta go get that rolling shell for you. I started taking my motor out last night. Let me know when and we will get sonic in the "shop"
                        -Greg
                        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                        Redneck Engineer
                        FOTY - '09
                        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

That sucks! dont settle for $500! I remember when i rear ended someone from behind on my suzuki swift...even though my car was total in the front and her bumper was like paint smudge on her car....her insurance charge me like $2000 for that bumper! lucky i had insurance. Fight it dude!

Comment

i'd settle for 500, IF they gave me 3 grand for pain and suffering..

I got hit by an idiot who ran a stop sign and it totaled out the blazer i was driving, it booked for almost 3 grand, the insurance gave me 800 for the blazer and 1200 pain and suffering because of a knee injury... if only i knew then what I know now.

don't take their 500$ check, it might seem like an easy out, but if you talk to a lawyer, they'll work it out where they get paid before you, and you still get your money back. and not 500$ for a car you've got 5 years and thousands of dollars in.............
                            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                            1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                            1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                            1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                            1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                            1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                            1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Working...
                            X