Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Me and my brother went to look at a XR2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They arent THAT rare. Just not the most common car around. I know theres a few right around me.

Rocketman actually has the details on how many are still registered to this day, by year.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Out of rust regions you'll see regular capri's all day long. The turbo's not so much but i know a few running local and once in a while there is one at a JY missing drivetrain.

I think mazda GTs (not even a gtx) are more rare in my area because they were sold to cold regions. I'd not murder one of those, id restore because its a socal sleeper for sure.
      Last edited by getnpsi; 10-07-2011, 02:52 PM.
      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

I have one sitting I paid $300 for.

They are barbie cars. No offense to rocketman his is sweet. But if u drive a stock xr2 Capri I'm still ragging on u. These engines aren't that crazy people could put alot more power down with BP's but it's a pain to put together turbo parts from different sources.

The subie is sweet I would have told that kid trying to trade to get lost with his $4,500 Capri and show him his engine in my Festiva and then smoke him. Lol
        1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

I have seen 3 and this red one being one of them, i have also seen a white one and a yellow one, not sure if either were turbo or not.
          89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
          My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

If it had a spoiler it was most likely a turbo.
            1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

HAHAHAHAHA. This is funny. The guy with the XR2 is a member of our FB group, he was talking about maybe trading for a scooby.

He couldn't figure out how to install a manual boost controller. Then complained about hitting boost cut when he couldn't adjust it right, and wanted to sell the car.

Wasn't fast enough, wanted to beat more hondas

The MBC was a challenge ... But he planned to turbocharge the scooby... ಠ_ಠ
              bahh enough of my hatin'

Anyways, if his XR2 is cherry it's worth maybe 3.5k MAX. It's a 91-93, which aren't that sought after. Brad's right about the 94 XR2 - there were only 366 made and less than 200 on the road today. They're the "holy grail" of the capri, and pull a much higher premium than any other capri. Several have sold in excess of $6,000 this summer.

EDIT: there were 66k capri made, about 1/3rd of them were the XR2. There's still over 5,000 XR2 on the road, so I'd say "uncommon" but not "rare"
              see numbers here: www.werbatfik.com/registered.htm

@Flyin4stroke: The stock XR2 is pretty anemic. But they respond really well to simple & cheap mods though, making them appealing, the B6T can hold it's own. Also - the spoiler isn't a dead give-away for a turbo, they were options on the N/A as well
              Last edited by Rocketman; 10-09-2011, 04:09 AM.
              1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
              High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
              Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Working...
              X