No announcement yet.

Ended up buying the '90 Galant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, got 7 of the valves lapped and back in the head. One intake valve (on the cylinder with no compression) was bent. No visible damage to valve or piston, but after I started working on it with the lapping compound I got a nice smooth grey ring around almost 2/3 of the valve, but the rest wasn't even touching the seat. NAPA's got one on the truck for me, should be there around 2. I did get my two tires mounted and on the car, so thats good at least. Keeps dragging on and on and on though, ready for this thing to be done and sold.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Got all the valves in including the new one. Cleaning the HLAs now, rockers are next to go on along with the cam since the cam bearing caps are part of the rocker shafts (well not exactly attached but they come out as a unit). Then the head is done, and time to put on the new belts (balance shaft and timing belt) and hope and pray the sucker cranks up and runs after all this. Only have about $100 in parts since I caught such a good deal on the HG set, but a lot of time has gone into it.
      Last edited by htchbck; 11-11-2011, 01:58 PM.
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
      X