No announcement yet.

pros and cons; metro VS festiva; interesting discussion outside of forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think most get 50-65ish? just depends. you can check fuelly.com and browse cars as well
    Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

I like the Festiva. The Metro convertible is the only Metro I'd have, and only because it looks sportier than the standard Metro. I've seen some high horsepower 1.3 4cyl DOHC engines (imported from Japan?) in some Swift GT's online. If you had an MR Metro convertible, that would be a FUN car!
      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Saw this thread and thought of my '57 Metropolitan I had my last year of high school in the class of '69 I got for $100.

I'm not old; just really stupid.
        '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Comment

hahaha it's all good. you could post up pro's to your old 57 and everyone on that thread will be scratchin their heads.
          Walth

Comment

I just saw 10-12 nash in various forms of decay only 3 miles from my house on 5th/66 in san bernardino. HOARDER!
            1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

insanity: I've seen one thing on the net devoted for a few pages to hot-rodded Metropolitans.

My fantasy in my youth; using a MGA twin-cam since the block was the same as the Metropolitan's, an Austin A-44.

That would've been simple; but, what some people can afford to kill time with and nothing better to do these days, gets a little hard to swallow.

Anyone ever heard of reading a book?

SACRED RAGE by Robin Wright got me thinking [http://www.robinwright.net] because of a blind Muslim cleric calling NASA a hoax also claiming the sun rotates around the earth. Whose son built a theme park in Saudi Arabia with a space ship ride; really a spine jolter.

I've been thinking of the star and crescent for decades with the crescent the earth and the star a celestial body on a collision course for our planet.

Solve the oil crisis, bring peace on earth in our times; just create the IASA by moving all of NASA's stuff to Kuwait.

I got to be a genius listening to Berkeley's FUNKY NIXONS doing Country Joe McDonald's "Because You're Stupid," no? Homeless in the east bay sleeping in a $600 pale yellow '75 Chevy panel van from Spokane during the tag end of '94 all of '95 and into April of '96.
              Last edited by bobstad; 10-17-2011, 02:20 PM.

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Comment

good, bad & anything but ugly!

Originally posted by walth View Post
                hahaha it's all good. you could post up pro's to your old 57 and everyone on that thread will be scratchin their heads.
                "pros?" I'm thinking to myself; hey, I'm no pimp!

I'm lost, what's that mean?

Comment

Refer to the title of the thread, Bobstad.
                  There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by walth View Post
                    http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/for...t/40672/page1/

I like how the one guy says BP < FE3 < F2T < and then there's this ... THE KLZE!!

sweet post by that guy. you guys should chime in

Paul, did you get this link in your gmail?
                    Didn't get the link. I got another I'm about to post. And I just now saw this. I'm slipping! :lol:
                    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Paul, nate told me about how you do the gmail notifications per different words. so I went in and set up a few notif's that's how I got that one
                      Walth

Comment

Yeah....... I just lit that page up.
                        Funny thing is I signed up a few years ago .... to defend the festiva.
                        :lol: I'm obsessed indeed
                        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

All this metro, swift stuff confuses me. I chose the Festiva because the Mazda B series engine is like the SBC of the import road racing world and I prefer the trailing torsion beam rear suspension for road racing, and the Festiva looks way better. I have never been in a metro, but I look at them a lot at the junkyard. They seem to be a well built little car. There is one with a turbo on it at the junkyard right now it's complete if anyone wants anything off of it. It has a bodykit on it, but it's not in the best shape. It's the boxy body style and the motor is a three cylinder, that's all I know.
                          Last edited by Advancedynamix; 10-17-2011, 10:09 PM.
                          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                            All this metro, swift stuff confuses me. I chose the Festiva because the Mazda B series engine is like the SBC of the import road racing world and I prefer the trailing torsion beam rear suspension for road racing, and the Festiva looks way better. I have never been in a metro, but I look at them a lot at the junkyard. They seem to be a well built little car. There is one with a turbo on it at the junkyard right now it's complete if anyone wants anything off of it. It has a bodykit on it, but it's not in the best shape. It's the boxy body style and the motor is a three cylinder, that's all I know.
                            If it's stock, that'd be a highly sought after setup that you may profit from.

Comment

Working...
                            X