No announcement yet.

pizza festy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the 94 metro in question was a 3 cyl.
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
      4 door Aspire Curb Weight, lbs 2053
      http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...d-aspire-6.htm

And how is it fair to compare the curb weight of a FOUR door aspire to a TWO door festy?

Paul I appreciate your love for our cars, and Im not much different, but your bias goes a little overboard sometimes. We have great cars, but they are not perfect, and contrary to what you may think, theres a lot of others out there that are way better in certain aspects.

By the way I really doubt you'll find a stock festy at 1600lbs. Most published curb weights I find are right around 1800 for a plain L model. The 2 door aspire is right around 2000. Aspire swap the festy and youre probably pushing 1850. Metros run around 1650 for a 2dr hatch, 1700 for a sedan and 1750 for a vert. Though the last gen grew a bit, up to 1950 or so for a sedan.

Aspires are more comfortable, Metros are better on gas (by far), festies have the best compromise of everything.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

i like driving the festiva a lot more than an aspire, ive had both & the festy just feels better, also i like all of the room in a feativa (maybe because i weigh 255) lol! also the festy feels quicker & imo looks better also its got just plain old fun factor going for it over the aspire. imo
        Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

I can't imagine a better car for delivering 250 newspapers per day.
          Buck.
          -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
          -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
          -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
            I can't imagine a better car for delivering 250 newspapers per day.
            There isn't one. A lady local has 450k on her newspaper festy. Newspaper miles are the hardest miles on a car.
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
              And how is it fair to compare the curb weight of a FOUR door aspire to a TWO door festy?
              It's fair because those are the 2 cars we are comparing. Because the suspension we are talking about was designed for the heaviest case scenario. The 4 door.

Paul I appreciate your love for our cars, and Im not much different, but your bias goes a little overboard sometimes.
              I want to give that to you and just say ok because I know I go crazy. But you're going to have to back that up with quotes. Overboard would be saying things that are not true.
              The most amazing fact I know about festivas is the 3 450k plus festivas I know of all on their original clutch. That's insane! But is it overboard? Not in my book as it's true.

We have great cars, but they are not perfect, and contrary to what you may think, theres a lot of others out there that are way better in certain aspects.
              If they can go 300,000 miles with abuse. And 500,000 with good care. And get 50 mpg and carry 4 6ft plus adults in snow and do jobs of cars priced 20 times as much. Then yeah, they're VERY close to perfect. The ONLY things wrong with them are..
              1. flaky rear brake adjusters (easy enough to clan and adjust)
              2. rear wheel bearings go out every 100k (but it's a plus in disguise as they are so easy to change)
              3. the stock mufflers were prone to rust. (those are long gone)

No the stock brakes don't have to be replaced, neither does the suspension. The swaps are just for high performance.

Yes of course some cars are better in some aspects. Mpg, performance, gadgets.

By the way I really doubt you'll find a stock festy at 1600lbs. Most published curb weights I find are right around 1800 for a plain L model.
              Don't forget I've had 25 festivas. I've had 3 between 1600 and 1650 lbs

The 2 door aspire is right around 2000. Aspire swap the festy and youre probably pushing 1850.
              Right, so worst case scenario is a 450 lb weight difference. Which is why the aspire brake, suspension swap makes a festiva high performance.

Metros run around 1650 for a 2dr hatch, 1700 for a sedan and 1750 for a vert. Though the last gen grew a bit, up to 1950 or so for a sedan.
              Right and the first gen is with a 55 horse 3 cyl. Which is why festivas are significantly faster. I had a metro.

Aspires are more comfortable,
              Not if open space is what defines your comfort. I've had 2 aspires. Bloopy, encroaching plastic. If the seats in a festiva are 100% comfortable and have never once made my back hurt then the aspire seats can't be more comfortable to me. I realize that's just to me.
              Metros are better on gas (by far),
              Yes. What 5 -10 mpg? Which is indeed a lot! The second gen doesn't though.
              festies have the best compromise of everything.
              The festies are the best car in history. That's the overboard you are talking about. Yet I wholeheartedly believe it.

Comment

Mine is setup for deliveries...no seats except driver's. Even rear seat stops removed. only thing added: GPS

Comment

paul check out my home page album & look at my speedo pic from last year b4 fm4 438k original clutch carb 41 mpg!
                  Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                    There isn't one. A lady local has 450k on her newspaper festy. Newspaper miles are the hardest miles on a car.
                    ^^^FACT. I can't believe how well it wears though. Aside feom tires and brake pads, mine is in no worse(if not better from just being regularly used) of shape now than it was 15,000 hard newspaper miles ago. Engine even looks quite clean in the valve valley and dist area, etc. I now also have it leak free. I'd say I have less than $2k into this AWESOME CAR!!! I miss it....... I wish it would start....
                    Buck.
                    -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!

Comment

Hating it for you 200KGPGTP. I read through the thread. I don't know how to help. And did you just now let us in on the fact that you are a lady?! In that no start thread?

Comment

Appreatiate it, Paul. And no lady here... I'm just a guy who likes guys
                        Buck.

Comment

Have you made any progress on it?

Comment

I'm at work right now... The plan after work though is to check all grounds, re-check all fuses for the millionth time, possibly switch some fuses around, and if none of that works, I'll be looking to swap the ECM from festy2.... Where is the ECM btw? And on that note, where is the obd port?? I didn't see it under the drivers dash
                            Buck.

Comment

Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
                              sty2.... Where is the ECM btw?

Its the square box on the drivers side. Some people have replaced it w/o removing the dash.

sigpic
                              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Its not bad to pull out and swap.

Comment

Working...
                                X