Help plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help plz

My 91 auto has a reving problem. When driving and you put your foot to accelerate even just a little it revs like crazzzzy but will also work just fine sometimes as well. Would that be the TPS?
    Thx
    1991 Auto Ford Festiva " Noel " <-- cuz theres No L in Festiva
    1991 Manual Ford Festiva
    1999 ford f-250 5.4L My gas guzzler.

sounds like what happen to me it was the distribtor was bad i know it sounds funny but it controls the injectors to hope this helps

Comment

"revs like crazzzzzzy" doesn't quite describe your issue that well, do you mean it sputters?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Sounds to me like if he touches the throttle it's more like an on/off switch.
        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

When i put my foot down even a hair it revs like it struggles to get into gear. Theres no sputter.
          1991 Manual Ford Festiva

Comment

Check your tranny fluid level, if its low, you'll have that problem

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Is it loose linkage under the hood at the transmission? Had a problem with mine not fully engaging in drive and sometimes slipping into neutral . Try bumping the shifter rearward (towards low gear) next time itTuesday happens and see if that works. May be a worn bushing. Let me know if this works and I can post a pic of my temp fix until I locate a bushing

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                Check your tranny fluid level, if its low, you'll have that problem
                It was low cant belive i wouldnt have checked that duh me. Seems to be running fine right now but will see after a day or two.
                1991 Manual Ford Festiva

Comment

Working...
                X