No announcement yet.

Find bad engined Festiva.... convert to Electric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just mount a gas generator in the back to run the electric motor up front....
    money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
      i still say some popout carbon fiber wings on the roof and a ranger rocket engine would be better.
      Kinda like this mini-Festiva?

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
        i stilll say some popout carbon fiber wings on the roof and a ranger rocket engine would be better.
        ....... or like this Maxi-Festiva?

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
          If I had a dollar for every efficient and effective idea that isn't being used in production vehicles I'd buy my own manufacturer and build brand new festivas. I'd build an electric version too, for the voltheads.
          Of course, someone else would complain about your mass production Festivas not using some 'efficient & effective idea'.

Comment

Originally posted by litesong View Post
            Of course, someone else would complain about your mass production Festivas not using some 'efficient & effective idea'.
            Can't make everyone happy! Lol

^^ I think that jet engined rig is what Al Gore uses to go from the airport to his carbon footprint banquets.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
              Solar panels help a lot too, especially since the cost has dropped dramatically recently.
              Sorry, Arizona isn't where I am. A 1 kilowatt solar panel array here, produces only about 900 kilowatts per year. Went to our PUD solar meeting & mentioned the terrible weather over the last 7 months in which there was rain, snow & nearly continuous clouds. The PUD spokesman said, 'Tell us about it."

Comment

I always thought about leaving the aspire engine intact and gutting the rear with some sort of direct drive to a miata or other awd rear end. It takes about <20hp to keep a festiva at highway speed on level ground. You could use a lot less batteries (or use inferior designs at a savings) if you only summon the electricity some of the time. The dedicated hybrids summon the ICE for a power gain, if its all owner operated you make the call. More savings would be realized not using any of the new technology for on board monitoring and using a hand throttle. I imagine combined use would get a car way up there in MPG's with a lot less credit cards maxxed out. The best car for this would be an aspire/festiva that has been rear ended as you need to do some fab work back there anyway.

NovaSS also has a good one, pretty much make a festiva locomotive
                1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Originally posted by litesong View Post
                  Sorry, Arizona isn't where I am. A 1 kilowatt solar panel array here, produces only about 900 kilowatts per year. Went to our PUD solar meeting & mentioned the terrible weather over the last 7 months in which there was rain, snow & nearly continuous clouds. The PUD spokesman said, 'Tell us about it."
                  well, what are you waiting for then, move out of the clouds! Lol, just kidding, I do forget solar isn't always worth the trouble.
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Well, if you're gonna do it, do it right.....like this guy..

Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
                      Well, if you're gonna do it, do it right.....like this guy..

http://www.plasmaboyracing.com/whitezombie.php
                      Sounds like he wins enough money to pay for the $2 battery charge!

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
                        I always thought about leaving the aspire engine intact and gutting the rear with some sort of direct drive to a miata or other awd rear end. It takes about <20hp to keep a festiva at highway speed on level ground. You could use a lot less batteries (or use inferior designs at a savings) if you only summon the electricity some of the time.
                        I would do just that, but use the ICE at speed and the electric motor for take off.

ICEs are most efficient at constant RPM and constant load. Electric motors have full torque at a dead stop. Hence most current hybrids use this setup.
                        -Zack
                        Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Have seen a variety of dark blue Festivas lately, that I love the colors...... more than even most blues I see on new cars. If I find a Festiva with a bad engine cheap, I think I'll try for one of the blues. What are the Festiva palette of blue colors? The sky blue Festiva which I normally like, need not apply.

Comment

Working...
                          X