No announcement yet.

What I want.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to Car-Part.com, this place --> http://www.arichnersautoparts.com/ has an auto with OD from an '89 323. It's in Milesburg, PA.

Price: $235.00

Of course, what Car-Part says a place has and what they actually have are sometimes two different things.
    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
      i'd need to research the 4 speed auto, but anything is possible.... i honestly know very little on auto's, but i can learn :lol:

As for brakes, how about the Capri brake swap? thats the same bolt pattern as a festiva
      you are correct, anything is possible with the desire and willingness to do what it takes. Your V6 swap is a prime example!
      Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
      04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
      62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
      Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

I would be interested in this as well !!! I'm getting really close on the wiring for a 02 rio four speed .
        New build on the way .

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
          yeah, the 323 is the only car with the 4 speed, the tracer didnt get one in that generation (again, as research indicates).
          I've never seen or heard of a 4 speed in a tracer, but then again I'd never seen one in a 323 either till a few weeks ago. I think the tracers were all F3As.

Paul, if you can get Chris to come down here to where I'm at when he's ready to do you a B6T I might be able to hook you up with the 4 speed. I'm not so much intent on having the trans in one of MY cars as I am actually doing the swap personally. If we can get him down here I guarantee the two of us can make it happen. I'm not too up on the turbo stuff (Chris is though) but I've learned a lot about the auto trans stuff. Axles should not be a problem, since the 323 F-series guys use factory 323 axles I don't see why we couldn't use the factory 4 speed axles for the swap. No electrics involved with the trans so thats not an issue, only tough part will be the mounts but I think we can make it happen
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Now THAT would be amazing!! Both of you guys making my dreamstiva happen! 8)
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Htchbck, I learn very fast with new parts when they are in front of me, when I go to paul's, if you could make the trip there as well for the same time to bring a tranny/axles (and yes I would bet money that the auto 323 axles will work in a festiva) then you could show me first hand what I need to know about the trans, have a few beers and I haul it all back to my place for surgery :evil4:

Paul - we'll hook you up my man lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

By that time I'm hoping to have already put the trans into Green Car and designed all the mounts (whole engine and trans will have to shift forward in the bay at least an inch to clear the steering rack). Once it comes back out all you'll have to do for the B6T is make a pass side mount, but the trans mounts should be done. The interesting part will be making room for the turbo stuff with everything shifted forward, but I'd be willing to bet it won't be much worse than stuffing a KL under there Only big problem I see will be working out the AC... with everything shifted forward it will be tight for the comp. But I'll be trying to retain the AC on Green Car, and if it can work with a B3 there's no reason it won't have room on the B6T.
                Last edited by htchbck; 12-24-2011, 10:05 AM.
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Not to worry my man, If I gotta make all 3 mounts, that's no problem to me lol the only part that I'd worry about is getting the trans to operate properly

And I'm sure I could make room for all the accessories lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Trans is cable controlled via the throttle linkage. Hook up an oil pressure gauge to a port on the side. Measure the oil pressure at idle and adjust the cable appropriately to get the oil pressure where it should be, and you're done!
                    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I'm feeling very....
                      Fortunate!!
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
                      X