has turbo
      has alternator
      works well with solid axle
      EMS aftermarket well established
      use snowmobile battery.
      Use snowmobile handle bars and brake less weight
      Put the skis and track back on for winter use
      Haha it sure would be different
      89 festiva all of a mighty 1.3 Tha Black Bullet and good ole casper got casper when I was 15 and loved em ever since

Comment

Nothing to be gained by all this effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Movin View Post
          Either way the education of a lifetime
          is priceless and if its fun too !??

Sure wouldn't do it to a DD
          or anything nice..
          No not a dd I was thinking along the lines of weekend toy
          89 festiva all of a mighty 1.3 Tha Black Bullet and good ole casper got casper when I was 15 and loved em ever since

Comment

Gotta love toyz !!
            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

600cc Metro
              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Yea I saw that i wouldn't mind putting it where old motor was but I can't exactly figure how to do that.

Comment

Here's a couple more for inspiration.

Bought this lovely car, my first test run had some problem with the 3rd gear, but with some adjustments it worked
                  Rick
                  1993 Ford Festiva
                  1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
                  1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
                  2000 Ford E350

Comment

Go back and read my last post in this thread for "how to do that".

It's really not that difficult, as the Subaru member comes in it's own subframe.

Mount that, build axles using the subaru inners, some sleeves, and the Festiva outers.

Then figure out the motor stuff, which shouldn't be too much of an issue, especially if you have the frame of the bike it came from.
                    Last edited by Christ; 01-08-2012, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Bump... wondering if this build got off the ground at all?
                      1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

I'd love to build a bike engine into a car... but I've even slacked on the diesel swap, so it's not gonna happen any time soon...

But considering that my Katana 750 makes almost twice the HP in about half the engine size, it's something I feel would be worthwhile. The weight savings alone make up the difference in HP almost between that and a BP swap.

Comment

Why r1? That engine/tranny is a bit fragile for a car swap. I'd do a GSXR 1000 or 1300. Much stronger drivetrain, and the later 1300s have a slipper clutch which is ideal for a car swap because it lessens the load on the transmission. Just my .02, Hope you go through with this, but do it on a rusty festiva first, then after you've cut your teeth, find a solid shell. That way you don't butcher a good car.
                          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                            Why r1? That engine/tranny is a bit fragile for a car swap. I'd do a GSXR 1000 or 1300. Much stronger drivetrain, and the later 1300s have a slipper clutch which is ideal for a car swap because it lessens the load on the transmission. Just my .02, Hope you go through with this, but do it on a rusty festiva first, then after you've cut your teeth, find a solid shell. That way you don't butcher a good car.
                            thats good advice on the rusty car first.

I plan to one day do a snowmobile engine swap on a Festy. Massive HP and great torque for our cars.
                            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                            89L Silver EFI auto
                            91GL Green Auto DD
                            There ain't no rest for the wicked
                            until we close our eyes for good.
                            I will sleep when I die!
                            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

^ and a CVT with lots of different ramp options! Hard to beat that! What engine? I have fantasies about twin 1000cc Thundercat triples, one in the front and one in the rear. Running nitro. Eyes burning, tires howling, castor oil filling the air. My hair is standing up on my arms just thinking about it.
                              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

haaa....that is the engine I was thinking. My brother in law has one in his garage built for drag racing that he has done nothing with in years. But then he gets this magazine that has hypo engines in it with all kinds of HP ranges. One I was looking at was like 400hp But on the expensive side. I will find a used snowmobile when I am finally ready and go from there.
                                "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                                89L Silver EFI auto
                                91GL Green Auto DD
                                There ain't no rest for the wicked
                                until we close our eyes for good.
                                I will sleep when I die!
                                I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Working...
                                X