Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just wondering, what would you be willing to pay for stick on vent visors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wondering, what would you be willing to pay for stick on vent visors?

Kicking around the idea of making some out of smoked lexan.
    1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
    1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
    1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
    1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
    2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
    2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
    2005 Accord - wife's DD
    2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
    2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Vent visors aren't my thing, but I bet I'd pay ~$50 for a decent set of taillight lenses (already have housings with broken stock lenses) made out of smoked lexan. Probably would give ~$30 for a pair of front corner lenses too. If you were to decide to make other things out of it
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

it's a huge initial investment, i don't thing you'll get your investment back (may break even). i'd be in for several sets, but they'd have to be in the $75 range or less to consider it.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I would consider a set.
        89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
        My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
          it's a huge initial investment, i don't thing you'll get your investment back (may break even). i'd be in for several sets, but they'd have to be in the $75 range or less to consider it.
          Same^^

Definitely one set for me at $75, if less probably 2 sets
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
          The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
            Vent visors aren't my thing, but I bet I'd pay ~$50 for a decent set of taillight lenses (already have housings with broken stock lenses) made out of smoked lexan. Probably would give ~$30 for a pair of front corner lenses too. If you were to decide to make other things out of it
            I'd be down for replacement lenses out of smoked lexan as well, if you can.
            In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

What are they?
              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

If I were to make taillight lenses, would you just use colored bulbs?

And what about the reflector aspect of it? Seems like a liability issue on my part.

I've got a pair of taillights that have been painted with the smoked paint, but I'm saving them for Fajita.
                1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
                2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
                2005 Accord - wife's DD
                2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270871255331...84.m1423.l2649 found some on ebay
                  ReD 91 L FIRSTiva

92 silver 5spd with some boost! Kratos

Comment

^^^^^ hope that gives you a general idea of the prices ebays always cheaper but im sure if you put them on here youd be able to get 60 a set atleast i would pay that jus for the fact you are helping the festy comunity!
                    ReD 91 L FIRSTiva

92 silver 5spd with some boost! Kratos

Comment

Those are the same ones the guys ordered and they didn't have them in stock, so they got refunded, hence my inquiry.

Last edited by Larry Hampton; 01-10-2012, 03:03 PM.
                      2005 Accord - wife's DD
                      2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Hampton View Post
                        If I were to make taillight lenses, would you just use colored bulbs?

And what about the reflector aspect of it? Seems like a liability issue on my part.

I've got a pair of taillights that have been painted with the smoked paint, but I'm saving them for Fajita.
                        I'm going to make a set of tail lights out of fiberglass that house semi-truck LED lights that have their own reflector sections. I just need the covers to keep them from looking homemade. How dark would they be? When I think smoked, I think lightly tinted. Is that what you had in mind?
                        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by cway1319 View Post
                          Read the top of the add.
                          It says ....
                          ....This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.

I tried to buy a set. He didnt have any at all.
                          Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                          Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                          Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                          http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
                            I'm going to make a set of tail lights out of fiberglass that house semi-truck LED lights that have their own reflector sections. I just need the covers to keep them from looking homemade. How dark would they be? When I think smoked, I think lightly tinted. Is that what you had in mind?
                            Ahhh.... I think I remember that. I'm also thinking of making a set of.... plugs..... That are just fiberglass tailights, I'm thinking of getting a set of HHR tailights and reverse lights (reverse look to be the same as Cobalt SS reverse lights) and frenching them into those covers.

I could probably make up a set that would be molded off my smoothie lights, but they'd be more like the old GTS covers in that they'd go on the outside of where the lens goes. I don't think I can make a plug of the smoothies and get the lexan to form inside the negative mold. Just making covers, I can get it to go on the outside of the taillight.
                            2005 Accord - wife's DD
                            2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Originally posted by cway1319 View Post
                              This seller does not have this item. Several from this forum have tried to buy them from this seller and they don't stock them and cannot get them. Refunded our money.

Comment

Working...
                              X