Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just wondering, what would you be willing to pay for stick on vent visors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
    I'm going to make a set of tail lights out of fiberglass that house semi-truck LED lights that have their own reflector sections. I just need the covers to keep them from looking homemade. How dark would they be? When I think smoked, I think lightly tinted. Is that what you had in mind?
    Ahhh.... I think I remember that. I'm also thinking of making a set of.... plugs..... That are just fiberglass tailights, I'm thinking of getting a set of HHR tailights and reverse lights (reverse look to be the same as Cobalt SS reverse lights) and frenching them into those covers.

I could probably make up a set that would be molded off my smoothie lights, but they'd be more like the old GTS covers in that they'd go on the outside of where the lens goes. I don't think I can make a plug of the smoothies and get the lexan to form inside the negative mold. Just making covers, I can get it to go on the outside of the taillight.
    1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
    1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
    1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
    1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
    2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
    2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
    2005 Accord - wife's DD
    2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
    2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Please let me know what you find out concerning that. I know you've got two interested parties. I believe that trimming down a "cover" might make a copy of the OEM lenses, but either way I'm down for a set.
      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

I'd totally be in for a set of vent shade visors. Considering prices for the "Fancy" name brand stuff I'd pay around $80-$90 considering the work involved.
        Mike Holmgren
        Thief Rvr Fls, MN
        1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
        "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

I'm thinking they'd be around $75, but I'm hoping that would be shipped in the lower 48.
          1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
          2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
          2005 Accord - wife's DD
          2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

if you can do it for that price, you'll have a sizeable market to sell to.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
              if you can do it for that price, you'll have a sizeable market to sell to.
              Very true.
              Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
              93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
              91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
              93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
              15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
              88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Hampton View Post
                Ahhh.... I think I remember that. I'm also thinking of making a set of.... plugs..... That are just fiberglass tailights, I'm thinking of getting a set of HHR tailights and reverse lights (reverse look to be the same as Cobalt SS reverse lights) and frenching them into those covers.

I could probably make up a set that would be molded off my smoothie lights, but they'd be more like the old GTS covers in that they'd go on the outside of where the lens goes. I don't think I can make a plug of the smoothies and get the lexan to form inside the negative mold. Just making covers, I can get it to go on the outside of the taillight.
                Dude! I was planning on using HHR taillights as well! I'm not exactly following you on how yours would look. I was thinking of making a mold of the taillights and drilling out holes to insert the HHR lights to have them bump out. Wanting something round to match my E30 headlamps.

And yeah, I'd definitely be interested in some visors, maybe even 3 sets. I'd be willing to pay what the others are. That'd be sweet!

Comment

VISORS!!!

Comment

Mine would bump out as well, but the...... I dunno, fake tail light?... would sorta follow the holes that the HHR tail lights recess into, they're not just holes, they sorta flair in and out, like old frenched tail lights on some classic cars, the well done ones, not just a hole cut into the body.

I considered hammerforming a panel to weld to the hatch to fill in the tail light gap in it, then mounting the tail lights to it, therefore the hatch, or possibly just cutting the holes and mounting the lights where the old lights mount, but worried that when you opened the hatch, they might get bumped and not light up to the holes.

I've been looking for lights that would fit the body with some refinement, but have come up empty so far. HHR tail lights will work, Cobalt SS ones might as well, but I'm struggling putting something Chevy on my Ford branded car....
                    2005 Accord - wife's DD
                    2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Then use semi-truck lights. There are a pair I know of that have an inner circle and outer ring. One's got the turn signal as the OR and brake as the IC. Then another with Reverse in the IC and a red OR. I'll send the link asap.
                      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Ahhhh okay I see now. So you want to mount them up high then? I'd like to see those semi lights as well!

Comment

I'll post the lights in their own thread to avoid hacking the thread further.
                          Last edited by DriverOne; 01-16-2012, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X