"Back Seat Tricks" Redux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Back Seat Tricks" Redux

Paul of the neander, if you could do us newer Festyhalics a big favor & repost your pics/instructions on how to recline the rear seats. The pics are gone off your original post. Thank you in advance!!!!
    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Whattttttt u can recline rear seats!!!???? AWESOME! Lol
    -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

From the trunk, unhook the seatback on both sides by pulling up on the knobs; push forward on the seat bottom with one hand while pulling the seatback to the rear, under the seatback's fastening hooks; lay the seatback in the trunk. Done. Takes 2 seconds. OK, maybe 3.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Thank you Tom!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Then if you have lx front seats... remove the head rests and move your seat forward and tilt the seat all the way back.....its a California King!
          Ford Fester

Comment

I know you can lay 'em flat, but I've never heard that you could make them recline. I imagine that you could if you relocated the seat lock pegs with a new mount. I'd only worry about comfort at that point, just because larger people would press against the plastic molding on the sides of the car where the seats used to meet the framework.
            In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

My rear seat and plastic are all in storage, but I still
              think these little cars are so cool!
              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Is that a Big people joke?

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

This is one of neanderpaul's pics of the seat fold down trick

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I keep a spare 88 pass. seatback for road trips, just so I can make a bed.
                    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
                      Whattttttt u can recline rear seats!!!???? AWESOME! Lol
                      This ls like the best kept secret of Festiva's! :p
                      Now don't go telling everybody.....:nono:
                      Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                      Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                      http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

There is a thread/pic of someone having a reg. size washing machine in the back of a Festiva by folding the seats down, and they got the hatch closed too. :eeeeeek:
                        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Maybe an Amazing Festy Feats thread in the pictures section?
                          In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
                            There is a thread/pic of someone having a reg. size washing machine in the back of a Festiva by folding the seats down, and they got the hatch closed too. :eeeeeek:
                            I once posted a pic of my washer in the back of my aspire with the hatch closed

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
                              Done that and then some! Didn't want to rip or damage the seat so I put it on top of the washing machine :p
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                              The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Working...
                              X