Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commute in a Maserati, or race in a Festiva??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commute in a Maserati, or race in a Festiva??

The Reckoner wants to know:

Originally posted by thereckoner
    Option 1

I'm giving you a Maserati GranTurismo MC. For free. Boom. In your driveway. Keys are in the ignition. But there's one caveat -- you can only use it to commute to work. Otherwise, the engine won't turn over. And your commute to work mostly involves sitting bumper-to-bumper in the freeway, with periodic bursts of ordinary highway driving. No real room to stetch its legs.

Option 2

I'm giving you a 1988 Ford Festiva L. 63 roaring horses under that hood, just waiting to get unleashed, buddy. You can also only use it to commute to work. The difference is, your commute to work is on the old Nürburgring, and you're free to absolutely drive the wheels off the thing however you see fit. It's 14 miles of free and open track.

The Reckoner was a startup with a simple concept — post a question with a binary set of answers (e.g. yes/no, good/bad, stay-in-the-relationship/leave-the-relationship, etc.) and the world votes to provide an answer. One of the best recent developments of the internet has been the redemption of the Q&A site, which has conclusively proven that you can ...
    1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
    High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
    Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Festiva for sure!
    Ford Fester

Comment

I voted for the Festiva.

Sent from my LG-P500h using Tapatalk
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada
      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

the GT (on the 'ring) wouldn't nearly be as fun as the festy on the 'ring, that's for sure.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Festiva. You'd surprise the hell out of some of those Porsches!
          In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Check my post...

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

No brainer! Festiva FTW!

Besides the Mas is a maitenance nightmare!
              91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
              82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
              85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Given the scenario's, both cars on the highway, I'd take the Maserati, even if the festiva is not restricted by traffic, it's too gutless in stock form to have much fun on the highway, so i figure even short bursts of fun in Maserati would out-weigh the festiva's performance

Now of the scenario's were changed up a little bit where you could modify each car, or had to pay for gas/maintain each car, festiva FTW!! But just simply judging by the driving scenario's, I'll take the Maserati

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

X2^
                  -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Festiva. And I often do drive mine like that on my commute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry, I can't resist. I already choose both, more or less; I commute to work in thick traffic in a Boxster S, and race a Festiva on ice! 'Course the Boxster may be less than the Maserati in power and luxury, but the Festiva is more than 63 horse, with a B6T.
                      Thricetiva replaced Icetiva as the new ride
                      Icetiva-3-race-car-build
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2533299

Comment

Working...
                      X