Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loknlode View Post
    http://www.thesupercars.org/top-cars...fficient-cars/

for the money I like the fiesta and if I could afford it, the lexus.
    Took the VW diesel with the 6sp. dual clutch for a ride. Not into power but WOW! The shifting is utterly seamless..... as smooth as a Nissan CVT! It would be superlative for a windy road or mountain touring trip, like Highway 395 in Northern Oregon, which I took on my motorcycle.

People driving the Eco-Cruze, 6sp. manual can get almost 50mpg.... probably over that on the right road & feather footing. The extra cost red is excellent. If driving to 200,000 miles, Eco-Cruze may be too complicated, as is the VW diesel w/ dual-clutch.

Always a small car person, I do love the Hyundai Elantra for its look & which has the most rear-seat shoulder room of any car getting 40mpg. It would be sweet NOT to have to apologize for a small rear seat, when 3 people have to get back there. However, the middle rear seat is not good & that person has to be small to keep from bumping their head on the rear window. Want the 6 sp. manual tranny in short supply & the 2-door coupe or 4-door hatchback when they come. The 6sp. auto tranny has difficulty getting good mpg.

One car not in the line-up.... I like the 2012 Nissan Versa with CVT. Needs to be in a hatchback & a better looking exterior. Tho the EPA says it only gets 38mpg on the road, I think the Versa long legs should exceed 40mpg well with my feather footing. I have a CVT on my Dodge Caliber & I adore it for genteel mountain driving, steep city hills, or crawling stop & go traffic.
    Last edited by litesong; 04-07-2012, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
      I'm waiting for the Focus 1.0L EcoBoost 3cyl. 125HP, 120Lb/Ft TQ, up to 56mpg, mid 40's average.
      Then I would have to wait for somebody to wreck one so I
      can put the drivetrain in a good car like the festy..

Mazda 3 SkyActiv is here now..
      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Working...
      X