Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing belt

Can anyone tell me if you bend the valves on a 1993 Mazda MX3 1.8 V6 engine
    if the timing belt brakes while driving ?
    1992 black GL
    1991 white GL
    1991 blue L parts car
    1992 blue L from Japan R.H.D.
    1948 ford conv. hot rod

Looks like a non interference engine. Shouldn't have affected it. Replace the belt check compression.
    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Whatever maintenance/repair manual you're using should spell it out for you. My Festy lost a timing belt on the highway last year and first thing I was thankful for, after paying for the tow truck, was having read somewhere that B3s have 'non-interference' engines. And it was true. The broken belt did not spell an end to the life of the engine. These things happen and discovering that your car is suddenly become garbage because of a defective belt is not what you're average money-conscious Joe/Mary wants to hear.

Comment

Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Very cool link there! Thanks for that.
          Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
          Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
          Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
          http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
            Whatever maintenance/repair manual you're using should spell it out for you. My Festy lost a timing belt on the highway last year and first thing I was thankful for, after paying for the tow truck, was having read somewhere that B3s have 'non-interference' engines. And it was true. The broken belt did not spell an end to the life of the engine. These things happen and discovering that your car is suddenly become garbage because of a defective belt is not what you're average money-conscious Joe/Mary wants to hear.
            My Haynes and my FSM erroneously claim that the B3 is an interference engine. Only from this site did I learn the truth.

Comment

Working...
            X