Longest road trip in your festy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conn to illinois in a festy I just bought
    It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

My trips pale in comparison to Ian and Charlie.
      Raleigh to St Louis Festiva meet 1,700 RT.
      Raleigh to Ohiostiva about 1300 miles RT.
      Did Ohio twice.
      1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
      1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
      Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
      website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

FMV--St Louis to Palm Bay FL to Raleigh NC, and back to St Louis. 3000 miles.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

My longest road trip was FMV as well, approx. 1300kms one way, 2600kms round trip, which I think was like 800 miles one way, it was a blast and I look forward to do it again

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

FMV South Fl to Nc and I can't wait to do it again!
            -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Round & round the west

Originally posted by runner406 View Post
              How far is the farthest trip you have taken in your festy ok put up only real trips estimates are fine within reason
              Went about 8000 miles around the west with my 88 Festiva w/4sp. Tuning up my carburetor for 5000 feet, went from Washington state, thru the northern Rockies, to the Badlands, S.Dakota to the Great Lakes & friends in Wisconsin, then south to Texas, Grand Canyon in Arizona, up to Utah for Bryce Canyon, Cedar Breaks, Arches Nat'l Park, east & north, back & forth thru the Rocky Mountains, picking up the 1000 foot high bridge near Canon City, Rocky Mtn Nat'l Park, & 14,254 foot Mt.Evans. Another time, took my 1980 450 Suzuki 8300 miles around the western U.S.

My longest journey was 9200 miles in my 74 Subaru. That's when I first began tuning my small engined cars for the 5000 foot & higher elevations. Excellent idea. You need no more power than small engines, even with carburetors. I believe the high altitude tuning not only makes for excellent mountain traveling, but also stretches gasoline to 40+ mpg, even including high mountain passes. With the 5000 foot tuning, even travel up 14,000+ foot Mt. Evans was exceptionally pleasant. Even at sea level, the hi altitude tuning seems NOT to be a hindrance, without lean running problems.

Comment

A friend of mine and myself took mine from San Diego to Oregon before all the mods, drove great, not a problem, few thousand miles with all the driving there...
                ***Micah***

"It's like a big lego to me"
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3065537

Comment

So far my longest was about 1800 miles round trip including local travel for fmv. Can't wait to log some more long trips.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.
                  91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
                  92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
                  95 Grand Prix SE DD
                  Wife's Stuff:
                  89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
                  97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
                  Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
                  http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

Originally posted by link5186 View Post
                    So far my longest was about 1800 miles round trip including local travel for fmv. Can't wait to log some more long trips.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.
                    I love seeing your car make those trips! Doesn't look like much but you got her running great!
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Just working out the details of our next adventure that we're doing in the first couple of weeks of June. Calgary to Vancouver BC, down through Washington and Oregon into northern California as far as San Francisco. Yosemite, Grand Canyon, then up through Utah, Idaho, Montana and home. We hope to fit in Yellowstone as well but we'll have to see how the timing works out. This trip should be about 6500km (4000 miles). 13 days, 12 nights, 5 people, 1 Festiva. Watch for details on our blog.
                      Ian
                      Calgary AB, Canada
                      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Mine was to the movies sunday lol 10 miles round trip lol , not even a quarter gallon used

Comment

Originally posted by loknlode View Post
                          85-90 miles to and from pendelton sc (from travelers rest)

but how about 200 miles delivering pizzas on a good friday night (all inside the city limits mostly)

that ought to be worth 2000 miles on the highway, lol
                          This! Can't say I've done *quite* that much in a night, but similar situation delivering papers.
                          Buck.
                          -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                          -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                          -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

Originally posted by litesong View Post
                            Went about 8000 miles around the west with my 88 Festiva w/4sp. Tuning up my carburetor for 5000 feet, went from Washington state, thru the northern Rockies, to the Badlands, S.Dakota to the Great Lakes & friends in Wisconsin, then south to Texas, Grand Canyon in Arizona, up to Utah for Bryce Canyon, Cedar Breaks, Arches Nat'l Park, east & north, back & forth thru the Rocky Mountains, picking up the 1000 foot high bridge near Canon City, Rocky Mtn Nat'l Park, & 14,254 foot Mt.Evans. Another time, took my 1980 450 Suzuki 8300 miles around the western U.S.

My longest journey was 9200 miles in my 74 Subaru. That's when I first began tuning my small engined cars for the 5000 foot & higher elevations. Excellent idea. You need no more power than small engines, even with carburetors. I believe the high altitude tuning not only makes for excellent mountain traveling, but also stretches gasoline to 40+ mpg, even including high mountain passes. With the 5000 foot tuning, even travel up 14,000+ foot Mt. Evans was exceptionally pleasant. Even at sea level, the hi altitude tuning seems NOT to be a hindrance, without lean running problems.
                            Forgot it was the Festiva that took me to Pennsylvania & NYC! The Festiva trip also included moving past the Great Lakes to NYC! Great time there. Saw 5 symphonic concerts in 4 days. Had to turn down some concerts to be able to hear other concerts.
                            At the Andre Watts concert, we looked for our seats in the audience of 2600, but couldn't find them. An usher took us onto the stage where special seating was provided for 25 people in a semi-circle around Mr. Watts!

Heard the NYC Philharmonic from the 1st row. Could have untied the shoestrings of one of the 1st violinists!

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                              Just working out the details of our next adventure that we're doing in the first couple of weeks of June. Calgary to Vancouver BC, down through Washington and Oregon into northern California as far as San Francisco. Yosemite, Grand Canyon, then up through Utah, Idaho, Montana and home. We hope to fit in Yellowstone as well but we'll have to see how the timing works out. This trip should be about 6500km (4000 miles). 13 days, 12 nights, 5 people, 1 Festiva. Watch for details on our blog.
                              Hi..... I see you live in Calgary. I started using 100% ethanol-free gasoline & love it. Go to pure-gas.org for the very few station addresses in Canada & a great zoomable map showing 5100+ stations that sell 100% ethanol-free gasoline in the U.S. & Canada. Fortunately, there is one station in Calgary that sells it. Since you're planning a trip to the states, you can find 100% ethanol-free gas in greater quantities. With all the people you will carry, you will love the slightly greater amount of power that 100% gasoline will give to Fastiva! Also, you will get better mileage, & slightly better smoothness, & quietness.
                              Last edited by litesong; 05-06-2012, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Moreno Valley, CA to Joplin, MO approx. 1509 miles in a b8-me swapped festiva.
                                ---------------------------------------------------
                                The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                                ---------------------------------------------------
                                BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Working...
                                X