confirmed lightest street festivas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confirmed lightest street festivas

Cars with a dash radio and 2 front seats. What I look at the data 4 original curb weight it is all over the place. I'm thinking mid 1700 for fuel injection. I think a few people with swap w/g25s of that weight as well so is anyone lighter than that with a streetcar?
    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

My courier cars have only the drivers seat. A/c including evap removed. L minus!

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
      Cars with a dash radio and 2 front seats. What I look at the data 4 original curb weight it is all over the place. I'm thinking mid 1700 for fuel injection. I think a few people with swap w/g25s of that weight as well so is anyone lighter than that with a streetcar?
      Mine was 1900ish like that with a b6d/g25 and a full tank.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
      Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

My '92L weighed in at 1800 pounds at the scrap yard on exit from dropping a load of scrap. The clerk said the scale was + or - 20 pounds.

Twin had her rear seat out but had a bag of tools and a jackstand. Figure maybe 10 pounds lighter than stock.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Mines over 2000 with interior, with just a drivers seat it was like 1960...
          91GL BP/F3A with boost
          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Mines like 2100lbs with a full interior lol not exactly light for a festiva though

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

mine was 1760 IIRC... it was just a tad under 2000 with me in it. but this was still when i was N/A, now with the turbo i have added a few pounds but i have also taken a few pounds out too so i think its about the same... ill see next time i go to the track...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Mine is pretty chunky now... but it titled at like 1583 lbs (89 Festiva L 4 speed)
                89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Wow nerd thats pretty low. Im under200 lbs so I imagine a swap canstill be under 1800 with me. Not really looking for race data just trying to show friends on paper how mpg and an unmodified engine can run with decent upgraded sedans just because 1/3 car aint there
                  1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

My licence papers say my 121 is 1760lbs. Stock. Ive since removed, umm, everything, aspire swap the only weight added. Would love to get her weighed.............
                    60% of the time it works, every time!

Comment

i weighed mine at 1820 with full interior and bp+t swap

Comment

Originally posted by georgeb View Post
                        My courier cars have only the drivers seat. A/c including evap removed. L minus!
                        Same here. (newspaper car)

I can't imagine mine weighs more than 1500. I'd be really surprised. I have it REALLY stripped down. No wipers/motor, no interior at ALL sans driver seat and dash. Even took all non driver seat belt equipment out.(power belt systems are heavy!)

I'd really like to get it weighed
                        Buck.
                        -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                        -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                        -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

Glass is a huge chunk of weight on these cars... there's a lot of glass back there lol. For a race only car with glass removed you could really do some reduction!
                          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

swap the side windows out for polycarbonate for race cars
                            89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                            94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                            2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                            1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

All my big fancy brakes are whats weighing mine down, and the 15x7s with 205/50's.
                              91GL BP/F3A with boost
                              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Working...
                              X