anyone have a bright regatta blue festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have a bright regatta blue festiva

I thought my festiva was the factory silve everywhere i looked siler never checked vin but its actually thr regatta blue i started sanding to repaint black but i found some blue under there and i am really oiking it anyone have a pic of fresh paint regatta blue?
    89 festiva all of a mighty 1.3 Tha Black Bullet and good ole casper got casper when I was 15 and loved em ever since

If you are talking stock blue i believe thats what i have ill post pics soon

Sent from my ADR6400L using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Comment

This was the most common (a metallic blue of some sort) factory colour on late model LXs out this way.

Comment

Not sure if this is the color you mean, but it's the factory blue...

Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
        04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
        62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
        Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

^^^ thats same color as mine

Sent from my ADR6400L using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Comment

there is a dark blue too.
            Ford Fester

Comment

Liking that color!
              89 festiva all of a mighty 1.3 Tha Black Bullet and good ole casper got casper when I was 15 and loved em ever since

Comment

It is a sharp colour and likely much more expensive to buy/apply than the ubiquitous Festy red that most of us are familiar with.

Comment

My car is that colour as well and it is nice! I really like it with painted blue bumpers.

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
                  -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

The only other color I would rather have would be Yellow.
                    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Beautiful Blue

The paint code for this color is KJ iirc it's called Brilliant Blue and comes on the 92/3 Festiva and the cost for the paint is $45 per quart at O'Reilly's and $175 from Dupont, but the O'Reilly paint is the generic brand from DuPont, so what would you buy.

An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Dang Karl your car keeps getting nicer is the 121 front new? Every time I've seen it you had the bra on it
                        Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

Comment

If'n all this keeps up we'll out number the Ford Model A aficiendados in a few decades.

20 years ago I belly-laughed when my dad brought home a brand new Festiva for my mother. She had wished for, just once in her life to have a brand new car. Frugal as he was, he'd bought a Festy.

But, it's still on the road (I have it now) and has been by far the best car they'd ever owned. And has made me look at Madza and Kia products in a much more favourable light.

Comment

Originally posted by sc72 View Post
                            The paint code for this color is KJ iirc it's called Brilliant Blue and comes on the 92/3 Festiva and the cost for the paint is $45 per quart at O'Reilly's and $175 from Dupont, but the O'Reilly paint is the generic brand from DuPont, so what would you buy.

looks awesome!
                            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Originally posted by muddevil01 View Post
                              Dang Karl your car keeps getting nicer is the 121 front new? Every time I've seen it you had the bra on it
                              Hey Justin how ya doin, i bought the parts last year and just got tired of them being a trophy, so ya painted them and put them on, glad i did. We need another KC. meet. I might put the bra back on to protect the paint, but for now she's going braless.
                              An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Working...
                              X