Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aspire brake tech question (STUD PATTERN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire brake tech question (STUD PATTERN)

Hello again,

I am wanting to do my Apsire Front Brake conversion this week, I have a diffrent spec festiva to most of you due to the rims allready being 13" from factory (Australia Spec) Infact they are Aspire rim's but with a 114.3 stud pattern not 100.

NOW....... My question is..... If i just want to add the larger Caliper's and Rotor's from the aspire, can i still use my original hub/stud pattern 114.3???? Or will this not work???

The reason WHY is my rim's will clear the brake's allready due to the 13" wheel's (114.3) and there is no need to do a full conversion (Correct me if i am wrong) because i still want my original wheel's on with just the front rotor's+caliper's.

In this case AND if it will work, Besides the Caliper's and Rotor's what other part's would i need? I have allready seen thread's on the Aspire brake's but my situation is slightly diff.........Please help me

anyone????? any input???????? LoL

Comment

The major reason to swap to Aspire front hubs is that the rotors are 100X easier to service. 2 hold-down screws and 2 caliper bolts out and you have the vented (that they also are!) disc in your hand. This is a far cry from all the conniptions you have to go through with Festiva rotors in order to change or service them.
      Aspire caliper bolts are larger diameter than Festy, for one.

Comment

You will really have to make measurements. Since you fould rims from an Aspire with the Festiva pattern (114) I would try to find the brakes from that Aspire and see if they are better and use them.
        Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Comment

take above info and look how your rotors would come off. I suspect your fessty hubs are
          like ours, not like an aspire, you will likely need the aspire hub-rotor-caliper assembly
          and new wheels !
          Last edited by Movin; 05-01-2012, 08:55 AM.
          Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

I would suggest that you offer to sell your 4 1/2" (114mm) stud pattern Festy wheels to someone in n. America. There being 1000s of club members up this way, and many of them not being inclined to do serious mechanical work (ie swapping over to an Aspire), the concept of 'OEM and direct fit' 13 inch rims might well 'turn somebody's crank'. Your rims are probably not rusted either.
            I recall you were eye-balling fancy Minilite wheels anyway, just a few weeks ago.

You will not regret doing the FestyII (Auzzie Aspire) swap. Bigger and better everything and infinitely more performance choices after. And if you start hankering for a bigger or better performing engine, which seems to be inevitable for us tinkerers, guaranteed you will appreciate what you've done underneath the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
              I would suggest that you offer to sell your 4 1/2" (114mm) stud pattern Festy wheels to someone in n. America. There being 1000s of club members up this way, and many of them not being inclined to do serious mechanical work (ie swapping over to an Aspire), the concept of 'OEM and direct fit' 13 inch rims might well 'turn somebody's crank'. Your rims are probably not rusted either.
              I recall you were eye-balling fancy Minilite wheels anyway, just a few weeks ago.

You will not regret doing the FestyII (Auzzie Aspire) swap. Bigger and better everything and infinitely more performance choices after. And if you start hankering for a bigger or better performing engine, which seems to be inevitable for us tinkerers, guaranteed you will appreciate what you've done underneath the car.
              Turn's out thoes minilite wheel are going to be $220 each so i might still shop around.

I might just stick with the Whole Aspire Conversion then..... I hope it's worth it, there is alot of good feedback tho! i was just trying to take a easyer option LOL.

Thank's for the info guys.

Comment

Aspire brake conversion definitely worth it. As for the calipers, the early Aspire (up to '93, which we call Festivas) will be a different design than the '94+ calipers. I doubt you can just bolt later calipers onto the early hub. Plus the rotors are larger on the 94+ cars. Just do the conversion; gives you access to more wheels too, due to the more-common 4x100 bolt pattern. And get studs so you don't have to fool around with lug bolts.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post

There are plenty of 13's that fit the stock pattern available. I have some on my car from a Geo Metro, Most older 4 lug Honda Accords came with 13 and 14" wheels, also had the 114mm pattern, some steel some alloy, and there are literally a ton of other cars that shared it. It's not common /anymore/, but it was back in the day.

Comment

wouldn't the front axles just swap over from festiva Gen2 to Gen1?

if this is the case, i may as well swap everything from Gen 2 to 1.
                    Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                    Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                    Highway - 7.32L/100km
                    City - yet to be determined.

Comment

Working...
                    X