No announcement yet.

mpg's with a weber carb on 1.3 4speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You really should code your vac lines somehow. A silver tip sharpies, or something. The line on the lower advance diaphragm, the one with the red dashed line, runs below the throttle arm. Sight down the support rod for the air cleaner. You'll see a curved metal tube. There are two vac lines that run past this tube.

Click on this pic and look close, the black/red line seems to disappear. That's the metal tube. Give me some feedback. Can you see it?
    Last edited by BigElCat; 05-08-2012, 06:49 PM.
    '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

The 'all black' top line on the dizzy advance runs to the intake manifold just below the throttle shaft/throttle arm side. There are 2 metal tubes (what the tubes really called boys?) in this location. The top all black line goes on the left one.

Maybe somebody else has something different, all I can say is that mine runs fine with this tube configuration. Keep in mind that I don't have A/C, or an automatic transmission.

Next we'll trace the line with white dashes, stemming from the right hand side in this pic. It goes here, enters the bottom of a T-cross, right below the MAP senser on the fire wall.
      Last edited by BigElCat; 05-08-2012, 07:22 PM.
      '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

I ran my weber with a four speed for years. Averaged around 30mpg. Best was 36mpg with the car loaded down with a motorcycle inside the cabin with me @55.
        I also had a 4-2-1 header.
        It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

ok i got the dizzy ones hooked like your now which one are you on say the one that runs to the map senser is the one your going to do next?oh by the way i hope that the 88 and 89 nare the same because i just saw you have an 88,i have an 89 4speed carb

Comment

is the tube for the dizzy on the intake or carb and do you have the vacuum rail bolted to the back of the intake?

Comment

The 88 and 89 are the same (to the best of my knowledge). Your A/C may throw us of track. Yes, I have the vac rail on the bottom of my intake.

I'm going to post some pics of my spare '88 intake and carb with most of the vac lines hooked up. Some of the color code indexing is different between my spare and the ones on my car.

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

ok mine has no color code except the two dots on the thing behind the carb has a orange dot and brown dot,i really need to get it runnig correctly oh did you get your carb straightning out?

Comment

Sorry, I'm done with pics tonight, I ran out of batteries.

My carb problems are almost definitely due to water in the electrical connections. I drove it around town tonight, and it ran fine. I'll do some more pics tomorrow. I said I'd scan the FSM, but this part is about 20 pages. I don't know how to upload or link to a PDF file.

I can't figure out links to photobucket anymore either, at least not at the present time.

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

could you just take pics of the fsm and attach them and send to my email address?if not then this will work

Comment

what's up thought i would have all the hook ups by now

Comment

can anyone show how the a/c and e/l solenoid valves vacuum lines run?

Comment

Working...
                        X