No announcement yet.

STOCK Festiva top speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was about 114 mph ? with a stock B3 ?
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by BigElCat View Post
      What kinda springs and retainers kept the valves in?
      from what i've gathered, Roger from FMS used modified VW valve springs with stock retainers as part of the valvetrain kit used with the Competition cam.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesmc View Post
        113 for a B3 seems a little optimistic.
        That's why I said radar certified by 2 separate festivas/times/radar guns.
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I've yet to find the speed at which a festiva is scary to drive on a decent surface. 140 feels comfortable which, given the wheelbase of the car, has me very impressed with the engineering of this chassis.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

It's been so long since I've driven a stock festiva I can't even contribute to this thread, now if this were about modified festiva's top speed well :evil4::evil4:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
              That's why I said radar certified by 2 separate festivas/times/radar guns.
              Oh I believe it. I'm sure with a 100% healthy car on a good day it's definitely possible. I was just surprised it's that high. :p
              BP, Aspire brakes, stock trans.

Comment

but do you believe this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it will win veyron!!!!!!!!!!

this car has problem with speedometer

Comment

140mph

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                  I've yet to find the speed at which a festiva is scary to drive on a decent surface. 140 feels comfortable which, given the wheelbase of the car, has me very impressed with the engineering of this chassis.
                  Charlie, part of your comfort level at speed is your very well tuned
                  chassis!
                  No car too fast !

Comment

I know I have to keep a good close eye on mine when driving down the interstate doing 74 cause it will peg the speedo with out trying hard... I don't even realize it till I look down, this thing loves to run.

Comment

Okay, very unscientific here, but I was driving down an almost deserted black top road way out in the countryside, on a beautiful day for crusing, when I got behind a really slow driving Toyoda Echo. Caught behind him for a while, I finally got a chance to pass at a nice straight stretch.
                      Well when I go to pass, he guns the gas on the Echo, either trying to race or stop me from passing, so I throw down to 3rd (4 spd) and slam the peddle on mine, pass him like he's standing still :p I pegged out at the 85 mark and kept on with it and if I had to guess, I was at least 20-25 mph past the 85 mark. Lets see, that would put it at 105-110 mph.
                      Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                      Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                      http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Top speed

My 91' 5speed b3 topped out at 96 atleast thats what the GPS said.

Comment

Originally posted by Red91 View Post
                          My 91' 5speed b3 topped out at 96 atleast thats what the GPS said.
                          Where in Indiana are you from Red?
                          Last edited by Charlie1717; 05-15-2012, 10:53 PM.
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                          The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Working...
                          X