Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought my first Festiva on Monday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by litesong View Post
    Saw your video, saying it was a 1993 Festiva. As the years changed, the Festiva got a bit heavier & the mpg tended to dip. However, you do have the 5speed over my 4speed. If you're a featherfooter & don't have lots of stop & go traffic around you, you may be able to get mpg near the lighter 1988 Festiva 4speeds.
    Can someone substantiate that Festys grew heavier over the years? They swapped carburetors in favour of fuel injection and built-in an extra transmission gear but nothing else that I'm aware of.

Comment

Congrats on your purchase!

Hope it runs well for ya!

I know the feeling--I bought my first one last August, almost No rust (VERY RARE in Iowa), no peeling clearcoat---less than 100,000 miles. I wanted it so bad I actually paid $1400 for it!

:nono:Just be careful when removing spark plugs!
      Two of mine broke off and cost me $212 to get the stubs out--no heli- coils!

Comment

Originally posted by litesong View Post
        Yeah, I think that is possible. But I would hopefully inspire you that striving for 50+mpg even going into high mountains, would give you the ability to live, & know, & intimately explore a large region of Earth around you without pouring lots of money into such an endeavor. & you are given the ability to explore well beyond your region, too.
        Such an ability is far superior than being a leadfoot or stuck in your immediate area, or never having interest in the world beyond your own city. You are very close to being there. You & your Dad repair cars. Work to get the best mpg you can & start exploring.
        I actually do plan on getting lost this weekend with a couple friends. I just have to get the brakes working. I did tons of minor things today like the oil, fix the seats, try bleeding the brakes, fix gas leak, etc. I'm praying that our wheel cylinder will fix the brakes, then I'm super tempted to skop school to play with my new toy, (kidding, of course).

You would be surprised what a stupid teenager could do with 65hp. I've already gotten pulled over multiple times in my 31year old truck for speeding lol. I'll tell ya though I have never lost a race In that rig! I'll give out an update tomorrow on whether or not I work on the car. If I do, it should be road worthy!

Comment

^As one 17 year old to another, yes you can do stupid stuff in a festy, I've gotten busted in our 2008 Taurus X, I was 63 in a 50, mom was in the car, I had my learners permit, mom didn't notice the speed. AND I only got a verbal warning from the County Mounty. Lucky Lucky Lucky. Now I'm getting a BP donor... Good luck and watch out for them Kojaks
          Owner of:
          1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
          In progress:
          BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

Glad to see another person from WI! Congrats on your first car they are great little cars!
            1991 Auto Ford Festiva " Noel " <-- cuz theres No L in Festiva
            1991 Manual Ford Festiva
            1999 ford f-250 5.4L My gas guzzler.

Comment

Originally posted by blacklabels View Post
              Glad to see another person from WI! Congrats on your first car they are great little cars!
              Ah, a person from Green Bay, WI! You are in a dense region of stations selling 100% ethanol-free gasoline, which are in a minority(10+ in every 350 stations) thoughout the U.S. & Canada. Do you fill up at stations selling 100% pure gasoline? Hopefully you've read my posts about its superiority.

However, I just quickly noted that no stations selling 100% ethanol-free gasoline in Green Bay, sell 87 octane but lots of stations sell very high octane. A few do sell 89 octane that should work in the Festiva, altho probably at high cost. Do you have a station that sells 87 octane, if you do use 100% ethanol-free gasoline
              Last edited by litesong; 05-22-2012, 09:24 AM.

Comment

The festiva sips. You should advance timing for higher octane anyway. Cannot see a 17 year old adding warm air mods that makes a lot of cars knock and then try to open it up getting on the highway or to go around someone. Mpg dedication kills that nimble festy property.
                1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
                  Mpg dedication kills that nimble festy property.
                  As I've stated previously, use of 100% pure gasoline(not 10% ethanol blends) added 8% to my Festiva's mpg AND gained a bit more HP.

Comment

Working...
                  X