Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fiesta looks better

Comment

They had to, and wanted to invest heavily in piston engine development a few years ago. That's one thing that has seriously diminished their working capital. Mazda bought back Ford's shares with an agreement to make them available to Ford again at some point in the future. It was a move by Ford to raise liquid cash, and by the Japanese government to bring ownership of Mazda back on shore.
      That's good to hear, I hadn't read that. I really hope that Ford and Mazda make it work because I want to be an engineer for both!
      Owner of:
      1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
      In progress:
      BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by kellen302 View Post
        That's good to hear, I hadn't read that. I really hope that Ford and Mazda make it work because I want to be an engineer for both!
        yeah, you won't hear that outside the company (Ford). I'm blessed/cursed with being a former Ford contract employee, so I still hear things... Some of it was leaked to Automotive News when the deal went down, but Ford downplayed it and Mazda denied it (fear of loosing stock value).
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Been kind of disappointing lately to look under the hood of a Mazda and see a Ford motor... I don't really care much for any of the cars (or engines) built by Ford in the 90s to early 2000's. Course the only Mazda engine I know much about is the b series so I don't really have much room to talk lol.
          89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
          92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
          New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
            Mazda engines? Since the late 90's, Mazda had been using Ford engines till recently... The only engine Mazda built was the Renesis. And Mazda does care. They had to, and wanted to invest heavily in piston engine development a few years ago. That's one thing that has seriously diminished their working capital. Mazda bought back Ford's shares with an agreement to make them available to Ford again at some point in the future. It was a move by Ford to raise liquid cash, and by the Japanese government to bring ownership of Mazda back on shore.
            This is for sure. Take a look at most of the stampings in any Mazda part, "FoMoCo". There is a lot of parts Mazda doesn't even bother repacking, just a sticker with a Mazda part number over the Ford label will do.

-Scott
            Aqua 93 L
            Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
            White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

I should really start to invest my time into researching the financial statements and what stake each company has in each other, And it doesn't surprise me that Mazda is not doing so well.

Comment

geezer
                ^^^
                The Duratec family is fantastic. They were developed by Ford of Europe with input and refinement by Mazda. From day one they were intended to be global engines, used in all major markets. The new EcoBoost line engines are built directly off of the Duratec platform. Very tough, quiet and efficient. Ford wasn't stupid. They knew they needed help building world-class engines, and got that help from within. Ford's North American Operations learned all those leasons, and have really taken it to the next level. Look at the Coyote 5.0L. The new GT500 Mustang Cobra, in stock trim, puts 609hp to the wheels. Its rated at 660 at the crank... And, FRP says there's still more hp that can be had safely (just not legally on public roads)... and then there's the Raptor F-150 6.2L...
                Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
                  I should really start to invest my time into researching the financial statements and what stake each company has in each other, And it doesn't surprise me that Mazda is not doing so well.
                  subscribe to the Automotive News, if you can afford it (almost $200/year). All that is typically reported by them.
                  Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

Yeah Ford has really taken it up a notch. Several notches lol. I had heard the duratecs were good engines.

Maybe I should be careful when posting in a thread with the Ford master :notworthy:
                    89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
                    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
                    92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
                    New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

Originally posted by Svttour View Post
                      Fiesta looks better
                      if you are blind and have no taste! lol. I parked next to a puke green one with my nice green 2, hands down no contest on looks.
                      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
                        geezer
                        ^^^
                        The Duratec family is fantastic. They were developed by Ford of Europe with input and refinement by Mazda. From day one they were intended to be global engines, used in all major markets. The new EcoBoost line engines are built directly off of the Duratec platform. Very tough, quiet and efficient. Ford wasn't stupid. They knew they needed help building world-class engines, and got that help from within. Ford's North American Operations learned all those leasons, and have really taken it to the next level. Look at the Coyote 5.0L. The new GT500 Mustang Cobra, in stock trim, puts 609hp to the wheels. Its rated at 660 at the crank... And, FRP says there's still more hp that can be had safely (just not legally on public roads)... and then there's the Raptor F-150 6.2L...
                        the one owner's wife at work has a GT500 SVT and a Raptor... it makes me sick...
                        89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                        94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                        2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                        1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Originally posted by geezerstiva View Post
                          Yeah Ford has really taken it up a notch. Several notches lol. I had heard the duratecs were good engines.

Maybe I should be careful when posting in a thread with the Ford master :notworthy:
                          now, now... compliments will get you EVERYWHERE!!!!
                          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

Our Taurus X has the 3.5L Duratec. Great motor. Wish they kept making the car it's very nice but they only ran it for 2 years, plus 2 earlier as the Freestyle. It's a large station wagon type crossover thingy, seats 7. AWD gets 21ish mpg
                            Owner of:
                            1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                            In progress:
                            BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

Working...
                            X