Driving Festiva in mountains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
    Or if you have trouble climbing hills, there's always one of these... :evil4:
    HEY!!! I resemble that!!
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

When I saw the title I thought about braking more than power of the car going up. Heh, then I thought about turning off the engine and costing all the way down with manual brakes.
      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

My Festiva is optimized for the Tojo run. Nice suspension, low compression B3 motor.

They should have a race down Pike's Peak on one quart of gasoline. A bobsled team for the push start, pine derby strategy on setting the hubs.

The TV commentators could make a big deal about the exact moment the starter is applied when coasting to a stand still.
        '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Originally posted by BigElCat View Post
          They should have a race down Pike's Peak on one quart of gasoline.
          Actually, an EV can race up Pike's Peak with a quart of gasoline............ & have a quart of gasoline remaining at the top.

Comment

Hehe. All the gasoline required to move gear up and down the mtn to record hours of footage most of us never hear of, so never see. BUZZ KILLINGTON AT YOUR SERVICE!
            1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

So how about some pics of Festivas in the mountains?
              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

-Scott
                Aqua 93 L
                Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
                White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Wow!
                  There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

^^^^ That was at the first Westiva meet!

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
                    Ian
                    Calgary AB, Canada
                    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

That's beautiful!

Comment

Then you might enjoy these...

... and one of my favorites...

Taken from the peak on the left in Scott's photo...

Now don't these photos make you want to come to Westiva ?
                        Ian
                        Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

Those are awesome pics!
                          Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                          Now don't these photos make you want to come to Westiva ?
                          Actually, my wife has always wanted to go to Washington, especially after I sent her pictures of Kent when I made a delivery to a warehouse in the late fall of 08. We'll be making that voyage within the next year or two, and staying a week. Where is Westiva normally held? We had thought to be up there, away from this hellish heat that we normally endure during July.
                          Last edited by DriverOne; 06-26-2012, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Movin View Post
                            They thrive on goat trails ! They love Off Hiway Vehicle parks, and any other
                            challenging driving. They do not have the power to win races with the stock
                            B3 but they will pass all the broken hotrods and finish everytime. SO, don't
                            race it stock, it will take you anywhere a human should be and a few more,
                            do your part insuring it has proper fluids, grease, seals, boots brakes ect.
                            and enjoy your travels!
                            Great writing.

Comment

To answer DriverOne... Wwstiva is held in Alberta's Kananaskis Country. Check out the meets and events section for all the details.

Ian
                              Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                                To answer DriverOne... Wwstiva is held in Alberta's Kananaskis Country. Check out the meets and events section for all the details.

My wife needs to get a passport then, and I need to contact my dad to find out about my citizenship papers (long story, he's Canadian...) if they're still available to me...

Comment

Working...
                                X