what a dif. new tires make

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what a dif. new tires make

so I put the mustang wheels/tires on the festy and I love the cap/ring look and while the tires had plenty of tread and no rot I figured to go with them also. they were off ballance and thats no big deal to fix but they rode rough like I was in a jeep with all terain tires on it. that can't be fixed except with new tires.
    so I went to WW and picked up a set of douglas 175/70/13's for $252 balanced and installed. that price also includes free lifetime balance and rotation.
    car rides like a dream now with those and the new struts and bearings. hard to believe it rode any better when new. it now has 113k on the clock.
    all it needs now to be good as new is front rotars, axle boots, valve cover gasket (leaks 1/2 qt. tween changes) and a cig. socket.

I can get the first 3 at any parts store but the cig socket is gonna be tough.
    admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

Watch those Douglas tires. They are not bad at first, but in my experience, they get mushy after a while.

Lighter
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...arette+lighter

Boots...I have these on my car. Work better than I expected. 1 year and still going
    http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...t-CV/_/N-6o205
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

My 13" mesh wheels (Hyundai) have some mismatched no name brand 175 70 13 tires on them and though they have good tread, they ride like a wet dog that's been smoking bath salts. I can't wait to get new rubber on Rosie (my 93 auto).
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I've learned over the years that you get what you pay for. Especially in the way of tires. I became a Michelin fan in the late 70s only because that company bucked the system and marketed LT-grade aggressive tread skinny truck tires instead of the typical 'beat your chest' Goodyears and Firestones for trucks. Off-road and work trucks in the Alberta tar sands at the time all had them. I took my last 7.50 x 16 XC4 (from 1980) spare to the tire recycle 5 years ago and it still had the original air in it.
        Try that with a Motomaster, Cooper or Hercules or some other 'pretend tire' brand. Cars obviously are different but decent traction, remaining round and vibration-free and long-lasting are very high in my priorities.

Comment

You could buy a new Kia Pride lighter. I installed a Mazda 929 lighted socket lighter in my Festiva and used a lighter from an old 66-67 Lincoln Continental.

Comment

Working...
          X