No announcement yet.

Beware of Tires-Easy.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlie, that's terrible and I don't know what to say since I've posted good things about them several times. I've had nothing but good dealings with them over at least four separate orders in the past two years. In order, they were:

1. Two 165/70-12 Nankangs
    2. Four 175/60-13 Falkens
    3. Four General 175/70-13 snows and two more Falkens
    4. Three 135/80-13 Samas

Always got my tires within a week; usually within maybe three days. Prices have been reasonable for both tires and shipping.

I wonder if this is a question of regional warehouses, ordering systems and/or outsourcing of orders? If so, I must be in a "sweet spot."

Since they regularly have all sorts of odd tire sizes that attract me, I'll probably order from them again. However, I think I'll forgo recommending them. Too risky that someone else will have problems.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I've used them twice, one to buy a set(4) and another to buy a single for a spare. Both shipments showed up at my door before they had time to update their shipping information(like give me a tracking number). Like literally one day shipping, I ordered on a Saturday, and they were at my house on Monday.

The only thing I would say was weird, They had 5 175/60/14s left, so I ordered 4, then checked the next day and it was listed as 30+ in stock, but maybe they got a shipment in the day after I ordered.
      Hodginsa - Photography - Cars, people, everything.

Festy is For Sale...

Comment

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
        You could buy local and save the hassel. You would have had your tires mounted a month ago!

In all seriousness...thanks for the warning though. I had never even heard of that website. I've used tirebuyer and tirerack before...both were good...neither were for Festiva tires.
        I only ordered those tires from them because nobody else carries them anymore. I usually buy local (discount tire direct is here, as well as several other tire distributors). I only buy online when I can't find the tire I want locally. I've used several other sites as wellwith no problems at all. My 185/45/15 nankangs were drop shipped from Germany in less than 2 weeks without a problem.

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
        I've never ordered tires online, I always compare online prices to local prices and usually after duty charges, I'm better off saving the hassle and buy local, not to mention buying local would include installation

Charlie, if I were you, I'd start a claim with PayPal, no dense in dealing with that company to hope to get your money back when PayPal will make sure you get your money back
        I already filed through PayPal.

I'm glad that I'm the only one here who has had this much trouble with Delticom, I only hope my warning can keep it that way. This may be an isolated incident, but I usually have great luck buying online and it takes a lot to irritate me. If it had be been any one of these issues I wouldn't have said anything, but the combination of problems is ridiculous.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
          Charlie, that's terrible and I don't know what to say since I've posted good things about them several times. I've had nothing but good dealings with them over at least four separate orders in the past two years. In order, they were:

1. Two 165/70-12 Nankangs
          2. Four 175/60-13 Falkens
          3. Four General 175/70-13 snows and two more Falkens
          4. Three 135/80-13 Samas

Always got my tires within a week; usually within maybe three days. Prices have been reasonable for both tires and shipping.

I wonder if this is a question of regional warehouses, ordering systems and/or outsourcing of orders? If so, I must be in a "sweet spot."

Since they regularly have all sorts of odd tire sizes that attract me, I'll probably order from them again. However, I think I'll forgo recommending them. Too risky that someone else will have problems.

Karl
          Yeah, I think their system works if things go as planned, but it's when there is a problem that they don't have the resources to handle things correctly. I get the feeling that their customer service is being handled in another country. My e- mails were only being answered really early in the morning. Delticom is a huge European internet tire sales firm, but their north American branch is fairly new.
          From what the sales rep wrote to me, they just take and place orders. The tires are actually shipped from the manufacturers distribution warehouses. This system probably does work better in some states than others. I can tell you first hand though, that in Arizona, their numbers don't add up, and if the tires are being shipped from a warehouse here then their shipping charges are extremely inflated. All in all, it seems to me like false advertisement and poor communication. Again, this may not be a problem in another state.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

tirerack.com or discount tires.com always 100% satisfactory (so far)
            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Always had a good experience with tire rack. I used to love it when discount tire direct didn't include free shipping into their tire prices, since I could walk there in like 2 minutes from my work. Lol. Now they include shipping in the tire price. Bah!

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                I'm glad that I'm the only one here who has had this much trouble with Delticom, I only hope my warning can keep it that way. This may be an isolated incident, but I usually have great luck buying online and it takes a lot to irritate me. If it had be been any one of these issues I wouldn't have said anything, but the combination of problems is ridiculous.
                Fastest way to piss me off is to jack with my money. Jack with my money, and I will find exuberantly vicious ways to jack with you (in general, no one in particular)
                1989 Carby L: Stock. Slow.
                1998 Mustang Cobra: ported heads, cams, longtubes, 4.30 gears
                2016 Focus ST: daily driven go-kart

Comment

Thats why you always buy tires from your local car stripper that works for the mafia... I- I - I mean Pepboys!!!
                  "Today, no American family can be secure against the danger that one of its children may decide to become an artist"

-Garrison Keillor

Comment

On a serious note did you report it to the BBB? I use them as a reference all the time.
                    "Today, no American family can be secure against the danger that one of its children may decide to become an artist"

-Garrison Keillor

Comment

Originally posted by KJ4YXY View Post
                      Thats why you always buy tires from your local car stripper that works for the mafia... I- I - I mean Pepboys!!!
                      I am going to report this to the Oregon BBB. According to Fastivaca, I'm not the first customer to have problems with them.

Comment

I use summit racing - got a good deal on some 15" TA's a while back. they are on the way to family we visit several times a year. I order them and tell them I'll pick up on the following friday on route to visit family.

I haven't checked 13's so I don't know what they offer in those or the 12's.

man I love looking around in that place.
                        admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

Comment

Originally posted by KJ4YXY View Post
                          The strippers in your area sell tires too? Ours will bring you a drink if your a good customer, but I've never seen tires in the club. Well I guess on Tuesday afternoons that one gal has a spare tire after the baby was born.....

Back on topic, delticom has refunded the remainder of my money. I don't know how they could get the numbers so mixed up. Refunds are pretty straightforward on PayPal. This company is super sketchy.

Comment

The strippers in your area sell tires too? Ours will bring you a drink if your a good customer, but I've never seen tires in the club. Well I guess on Tuesday afternoons that one gal has a spare tire after the baby was born.....

Back on topic, delticom has refunded the remainder of my money. I don't know how they could get the numbers so mixed up. Refunds are pretty straightforward on PayPal. This company is super sketchy.
                            Even strippers have to branch out, to make it in this economy!

Glad yu got yer bux bak.
                            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Always had a good experience with tire rack. I used to love it when discount tire direct didn't include free shipping into their tire prices, since I could walk there in like 2 minutes from my work. Lol. Now they include shipping in the tire price. Bah!
                              Agreed... also I hate the places that include "free" mounting and balancing by jacking up the price and also places that won't let you walk out with tires. I understand that by mounting them themselves they are trying to avoid liability issues if a tire were to fail due to improper mounting by the customer, but seriously, there are a couple places I buy from under "carry with" terms which simply have a waiver you sign when you buy the tires. All it says is that the customer declined to have the tires professionally mounted and balanced by a trained professional and that the customer assumes full liability. Heck I'm more of a trained professional than half the guys working in tire shops anyway lol. I still love my Viva2s from walmart though, gotta love a tire shop where you can throw a carton of eggs, some cheese, tomato, onion, bell peppers and a pair of 195/70R14s into a shopping cart and walk up to the checkout aisle at 2AM.*

* true story, my wife and I wanted omlets and I needed to get new tires put on the MX6 before a trip the next day
                              Last edited by htchbck; 08-01-2012, 07:04 AM.
                              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Quick! I need a bible, socks, condoms, a basketball, a bar strip, a head of lettuce, shampoo, a pizza cutter, rotisserie chicken, ice cream sandwiches, an RV refuse tank hose, and a car battery! At 10pm! Wherever will I go?
                                In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Working...
                                X