No announcement yet.

Speedometer check...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed sensor = Speedo gear in the trans?
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by gadelbert1 View Post
      1. Thanks for the call on the brake fluid, it is definitely low, and will be full when I get home today.

2. I was wondering the same thing, it's almost PERFECTLY spot on, but I'm now running 155 65r 13's... Maybe I just lucked out, and the one from the aspire worked perfect?!
      Dont drive it till you fix the leak. If the line burst's when you get off the highway you'll loose 50% of your brake power. These brake line's are super easy to fab,they are just 3/16's tubing with metric double flare's.
      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
        Speed sensor = Speedo gear in the trans?
        When I picked up the new "Speed Sensor" at the Junkyard, they had to type in like 5 different things until "Speed Sensor" Finally pulled up the picture of the speedo gear in the trans.

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
        1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
        1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
        1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
        1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
        1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
        1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
          Dont drive it till you fix the leak. If the line burst's when you get off the highway you'll loose 50% of your brake power. These brake line's are super easy to fab,they are just 3/16's tubing with metric double flare's.
          I know where the leak is. There is a leak on the Wheel cylinder on the passenger side rear, so when I hit the brakes, it's leaking a little big into the drum. It'll be fixed this weekend. It's not tubing or anything, and it's a SMALL leak. Good looking out though.

Comment

Rear wheel cylinder.

==================================================

Beamed to you from an insane asylum in orbit around Saturn via Tapatalk.

Comment

Go ahead and plan a rear brake job and wheel bearings. The cylinder can be bought rebuilt for cheap, and saves aggravation.

That can change from a small leak to no brakes in a heart beat. Be careful!

==================================================

Beamed to you from an insane asylum in orbit around Saturn via Tapatalk.

Comment

I replaced the bearings and shoes last weekend, that is how I know it's the cylinder. I can buy the cylinder NEW at Autozone for $13.99!

Comment

Originally posted by gadelbert1 View Post
                  I replaced the bearings and shoes last weekend, that is how I know it's the cylinder. I can buy the cylinder NEW at Autozone for $13.99!
                  http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...15_30102_3559_
                  plan on swapping the shoes if you got the lifetime ones. If not....get new shoes before you do the job. Most likely will be ruined from the leak.
                  "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                  89L Silver EFI auto
                  91GL Green Auto DD
                  There ain't no rest for the wicked
                  until we close our eyes for good.
                  I will sleep when I die!
                  I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Ah heck, at 85 the wind works faster than our little tiny festy brakes!!
                    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

The light is totally off this morning. Good looking out. I bought the cylinder last night, and will be putting it in tomorrow morning. @Movin you are TOTALLY right, There is a LITTLE bit of wind drag on the Festiva at 85mph.

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                        plan on swapping the shoes if you got the lifetime ones. If not....get new shoes before you do the job. Most likely will be ruined from the leak.
                        Somehow, on my phone, I missed you saying the cylinder, and just caught it was coming from the rear of the car.

Still, be careful! That is only a rubber seal that is leaking, and it can cut loose at any moment, be ready to grab the Ebrake!

Comment

I'm told that dual master brake cylinders are much safer than the pre-1968 single-cylinder arrangements because you're supposed to retain 50% braking but from practical experience I know you do not want to suddenly lose fluid at all. Has happened to me 2-3 times over the years and all you have is one last firm pedal that you can feel is 'letting go'. Make sure the handbrake is in good working order and thank your lucky stars if you have a manual transmission. First gear is a pretty desperate but good brake in an emergency.
                          Never take chances on a leaking brake line (they often burst shortly thereafter), and, caliper or brake cylinder leaks should also be attended to sooner than later. Shoes and/or pads are never the same once they're contaminated.

Comment

Working...
                          X