Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

image.jpg

image.jpg

Similar idea but I didn't want to loose shelf space. You push it and it slides outs pace age style. It's from an 05 accent

sorry about the sideways pics
    Last edited by Festivanoob; 02-14-2016, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Did you have to cut the Festiva cubby? How is it attached? Do you have a pic from underneath?

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
        Did you have to cut the Festiva cubby? How is it attached? Do you have a pic from underneath?
        Yes the is s little cutting to be done, but there is a natural support that it square. I also had to cut some overhang on the front plate of the holder itself. But a mill file really smooths things out quite well. I had used epoxy on the plastic housing on the cup holder to the lower metal bracket on the cubby and a little more near the front. But it eventually failed. I was more just doing it quickly to see functionality. I'll take pictures underneath when I put some proper mounts in.

Comment

If anybody sees a 99-03 Volvo S80 at the wreckers, please get the cup holder for me only if the width of the lower housing isn't wider than 83mm (3.168"). I am trying to incorporate my drink holder into the center armrest. I did figure out how to level my armrest.
          So no Mini-Cooper swinging arm mug holder anymore for you?
          88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
          88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
          91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
          93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

No. I am going to try floating an Eskimo cup over the parking brake.
            I am gong to fab a simple bracket, similar to the one for the Kamei armest.
            The wiring will go under the carpet, back to a separate fuse.
            I like the idea of keeping the drinks cold.
            It sure beats duct tape and looks better than cold steel.
            Last edited by bravekozak; 02-22-2017, 09:55 AM.

Comment

No. I am going to try floating an Eskimo cup over the parking brake.
              I am gong to fab a simple bracket, similar to the one for the Kamei armest.
              The wiring will go under the carpet, back to a separate fuse.
              I like the idea of keeping the drinks cold.
              It sure beats duct tape and looks better than cold steel.
              Brave -

Kamei armrest......looked it up. Now that's COOL! (no pun intended) Too bad they don't make one for Festivas. That cold steel drink holder is hilarious. My wife would love it....function first and aesthetics are optional. Not so with me.

I'm only asking what you wanted to do because at one point you wanted my son ('froggyrocket') to design a mount for your Mini Cooper swinging arm cup holder but he never got the clay model, etc from you to proceed. FWIW, I am now drawing up a design for a cup holder. When I'm done he will input it into SolidWorks and, after doing whatever mods we need, print them like he did the coin trays (http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...t=FroggyRocket) and sell them here. This design will be A) functional and B) look like it was original/factory made (at least as far as the quality of the print job will allow). I anticipate he will be ready to sell no later than the end of June. Delay is due to him needing to finish this semester's mechanical engineering classes.
              Last edited by Twistiva; 02-22-2017, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Nice! Sign me up!

Comment

I just took the ashtray out of the centre console. Perfect for coffees and cans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Skrapbob View Post
                    Nice! Sign me up!
                    Great! I'm sure there's a ton of us that want a drink holder of some kind, far more than on just this thread. I'm actually having fun designing this thing. I'm a detail-oriented kind of guy and I like thinking things through and solving problems. I talked to my son today about putting this into SolidWorks, etc but I told him that school has got to come first. He's an Air Force ROTC cadet and he can't afford bad grades. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                    X