Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of your old cars do you miss the most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of your old cars do you miss the most?

For me it was one of those that was like a 2 year old child. It was really annoying a lot of the time, but if someone tried to take it away from you, you'd kill them.

I smiled every time I saw it, and drove it, and popped the hood, and I pretty much gave it away when the engine blew. I hate that so much, because by the time it finally gave up it was utterly perfect for me I had changed and stripped off so much of the garbage from the factory. Rode well, got great fuel economy, roomy, and it just was a blast to DD.

Last I know it was destined for dragging with a 2.4 swap. Don't know if it ever got there, but I know now I should have kept it.
    Parked at the PO.

Its death bed.

Stories?
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

My 1980 Buick Regal

Waiting for a 350 Buick engine. The car was perfect. No dents, no rust and fresh paint.

Very fast. I miss it badly
    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Wow... Not a Neon...

I'm 32, and I've had 33 cars/trucks registered to me, so there is a bunch to choose from.
      I'll have to say it was the first Festiva though. 1988 Festiva L. I had just met my girlfriend (Now wife of 10 years). I was driving a GMC 2500 Vandura panel van when I met her. She lived 50 miles from me, so that wasn't going to work out. I found the Festiva at a dealership, and got it for $600 as is. Took about $200 in tune up to get it legal and on the road. I LIVED in that car for the next 6 months. I moved out of my parents house in that Festiva. I would go to work, then pick her up from work. We would go out and do whatever, then I would drive her home, then I would drive home at 2:00AM. This happened EVERY night. I'd stop and buy spicy cheetos and chocolate milk on my way home, because I knew it would make me just sick enough to not fall asleep (Only had to pull over a few times). I put 36,000 miles in 6 months on that car. I was driving home one day, and saw an officer on the side of the road waving his arms. I looked back at the road just in time to see the log that I hit hard, that crushed my oil pan up into my engine. Car was dead. I will ALWAYS miss the first Festiva.

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
      1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
      1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
      1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
      1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
      1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
      1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

If I had to narrow it down to just one it would be this....

1964 Galaxie 500 XL Convertible.
        - factory rebuilt 428 overbored to 435 ci (I blew up the original 390 but that's another story)
        - built C-6 transmission with console shift
        - Goodyear Rally GT tires all four corner (F60-14 on the the front, G-60-14 on the back)
        - Appliance "smooth center" chrome wheels

There where a few options that it didn't have such as power windows or A/C. I had this car in the early 70's and remember spending $200 per month on gas when it was 50¢ per gallon!
        Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada
        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

So miss my 67 chevy c10 shortbed little window pickup, baby blue, disc brakes posi, raley wheels, built 350 with an og munci 4 spd and hurst layback shifter, rear roll pan, truck was loud and fast, biggest regret lettin it go EVER!!!
          ***Micah***

"It's like a big lego to me"
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3065537

Comment

Probably my '67 convertible Mustang, although I never got to drive it much between purchasing it and it getting t-boned.

I liked the '79 T-bird, put I think 170k on it and never did anything to it, reliable as all get out.

I also miss my '85 F-150 Supercab. It had EFI (1st year) and got 24 mpg on the highway, I'm guessing it had a 3.08 rear gear or something.
            1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
            1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
            1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
            1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
            2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
            2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
            2005 Accord - wife's DD
            2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
            2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

1974 BMW 2002tii:cry_smile:

Comment

1961 VW Westphalia camper. Bought in 1972 for $75. Junked the same year. Worth $30K today.

Comment

1974 SuperBeetle. Two tone Black and silver, riviera style rims. I bought it for $1000, rebuilt the carb, fixed up the interior and drove it for about a year. Sold it to a customer I meet at Advance Auto parts for $1500 after I had to change the clutch. It was destroyed shortly after, got T-boned by a SUV. Hit it so hard, it split the engine case.
                  Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

I wish I would have kept my 1968 Dodge Dart GTS. 383 with a 4 barrel carb, 4 speed, and posi traction. I paid about $3300 for it new and special ordered from the factory. I remember the day I took it to get new tires. I found a straight stretch of road and lit up those old tires. Man that was fun!!
                    You gonna race that thing?
                    http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

I see all these 196X numbers...and don't make old jokes that gets me shunned..haha

1985 f250, straight 6 w/ 4 speed...sucked gas and wouldn't rev over 4k, and for all the hassle of changing out those 10? lug 35" tires for street tires it was by far the most fun I've had in a vehicle...looked like crap crapped on crap and had baby crap, 2 ex's at different times and one twice took a bat or bar to it, but it was fun while it lasted...ran it out of antifreeze and bone dry on oil for days on end but it kept on tickin until I hit a tree about 45 mph head on.
                      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

My '88 Daihatsu Charade. It was gorgeous, and I sometimes got 50mpg out of it. 1L I4 and a 5 speed, and the best suspension under it that I've ever driven in a small car. A buddy of mine who at the time had one of the SC mini coopers drove it and said if it was faster off the line he'd rather have it than the MC. I topped out around 80, but you didn't have to slow down for ANYTHING, it handled at least as well if not better in the mountains as my lowered Miata.

And if anything ever happens to my Camry wagon I currently have it will probably be my second most missed car.

Last edited by htchbck; 09-28-2012, 05:15 AM.
                        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

None really i still got everything that meant anything to me. But if i had to pick one that i shouldnt have sold it was my 79 ford f250 on 44 inch super swampers with 15 inches of lift 460 keith black motor and 4:11 gears

Comment

Originally posted by The wrench View Post
                            So miss my 67 chevy c10 shortbed little window pickup, baby blue, disc brakes posi, raley wheels, built 350 with an og munci 4 spd and hurst layback shifter, rear roll pan, truck was loud and fast, biggest regret lettin it go EVER!!!
                            I can associate with this. You could hide 2 six-packs in the massive glovebox and GM lap belts doubled as the best bottle openers in the country. My first truck was a 68 C10 stepside that had a factory V8 in it (most were 6's) and a 3 on the tree. It was a lot of fun. Strangely, I still own a 68 C10 CST fleetside long box that I bought in Vancouver, but that poor thing is sitting in a barn and hasn't been on the road in 30 years.

Comment

1986 Chrysler Conquest TSi. Stock, with a Jasper rebuilt G54B turbo engine. I loved the car. Never drove it once. I had to sell it, and got $1000 for it and the complete '87 beside it. It still hurts. If anyone's got one for sale, ........:cry_smile:
                              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Working...
                              X