No announcement yet.

festiva motorsports phone #

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only got on touch once. After calling 2 weeks straight. Roger was very rude and I didnt get any parts from him.
    ReD 91 L FIRSTiva

92 silver 5spd with some boost! Kratos

Comment

The fact is, with everyone on the forum now, we've progressed the modification of Festivas well beyond anything FMS offered. Most of the parts they offered are obsolete based on our current trends.
      Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
      04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
      62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
      Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
        The fact is, with everyone on the forum now, we've progressed the modification of Festivas well beyond anything FMS offered. Most of the parts they offered are obsolete based on our current trends.
        I wouldn't be saying that too loudly. Roger did have a veritable 'wish list' posted when I got onboard this site 3 years ago. However when it came to service and 'in stock' items he managed to slit his own throat. When keen customers deliberately try to avoid a business except for real specialty stuff it is not long screeching to a halt.
        Who was it said "The customer always comes first". Likely voiced by a hooker, but no matter, that's how most business is done.

Comment

Fms was a pioneer in the business, but as a community, we have progressed into engine swaps, body and suspension mods, etc that go far beyond what they ever offered. Customer service would have helped, but product offerings would have to expand to keep up.
          Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
          04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
          62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
          Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Though, I wish there was a source for all the trick parts to build the ultimate Festiva in one place, it's unlikely that this type of business could be profitable with the current Festiva Economy. Most of the guys who provide parts and services for these cars do it for the love of the sport, and barely support their own habit. On that note we should thank Roger for the time and dedication he put forth, even if a bunch of people where short changed and mistreated. This sort of business is more of a favor than a profitable venture.
            This isn't a bad thing though, it means that we have a scene full of true hearted enthusiasts who aren't trying to profit, but instead just enjoy their (and other peoples) cars and I personally wouldn't want it any other way.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Well said Charlie! My experiences with FMS were always positive. Whenever I spoke to Roger he was polite and knowledgeable. I wish him the best in whatever path he's decided to take.

Sent from somewhere west of here!
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada
              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

The phone # doesn't work

Comment

So? Whats your point

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

so, in a world without fms, where would one locate rear trailing arm bushings? or any of those other hard to find parts for that matter
                    Originally posted by scirocco*joe
                    Project Car Theorem:
                    If
                    a) w = all time
                    b) x = time spent at work
                    c) y = the number of project cars you have
                    d) z = amount of time you can spend each project car

Then

z = (w - x) / y

Comment

Re: festiva motorsports phone #

The fact is, we're going to run out of usable replacement parts within the next eight to ten years if Four Green doesn't have what we need. It might be best to start adding poly to our worn-out bushings to add to their life. I hate this, but in the three years that I've been a part of this, supply for parts has damn near disappeared!
                      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

guess that means either we start making/finding replacements or stop driving festivas. in the meantime i guess ill have to get my other car back on the road before my trailing arm decides to vacate the vehicle, and get to figuring out how to rebuild them.

i remember people filling motor mounts on the honda forums. it wouldnt be too much of a stretch from there to make a mold and get some new ones made. i guess if you really think about it all one needs is a few measurements. for that matter im sure there are spherical bearings out there that will work. they'll be incredibly uncomfortable, but they'd work...
                        Originally posted by scirocco*joe
                        Project Car Theorem:
                        If
                        a) w = all time
                        b) x = time spent at work
                        c) y = the number of project cars you have
                        d) z = amount of time you can spend each project car

Then

z = (w - x) / y

Comment

festiva motorsports phone #

Originally posted by woodyvw16v View Post
                          guess that means either we start making/finding replacements or stop driving festivas.
                          I've been doing this for years without help from FMS
                          Last edited by Damkid; 11-24-2012, 10:39 AM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I never had a bad experience either , only called a few times and never bashed them . I did purchase a NEW rear wing , that is still (unpainted ) white !!
                            ------------------------------------------------
                            The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                            Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                            HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                            Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                            Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                            Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                            Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                            90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                            It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Working...
                            X