Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NewBie in San Francisco CA ( I finally got my dream 93 Festi )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross, my car has 3 times the factory HP and passes smog and emissions visual inspection with a cleaner bill than a stock Festiva! Luckily, performance doesn't have to come at the expense of illegality with your Festiva. Most of the Mazda and Ford cars that we use as donors have the same or similar emission components as a festiva, so making a "clean" and fast car isn't difficult or expensive. You have some very innovative and skilled Festiva Tuners in your area to make things easy. Still waiting on those pictures!:p
    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 10-20-2012, 01:22 AM.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Cross i was not saying that you should drop in a larger higher power engine to simply get it running. First logic was to say the guys who have moved on may have good running stock components to help you.

Ok nevermind yes i was saying if you have a dead car might as well do a swap for example if you have to pay other people to rebuild something, costs way less to swap in a running engine that doesn't belong than paying machine shop labor!
      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

[QUOTE=Cross;551325]
        Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
        It would take $75 and half a day to get that thing running again. %50 off pick n pull days:p

Hi Grey, what would the $75 bucks buy me? I just went to the local pick n pull. No sign of any Festiva in the yard.

Ps: do you have any pics of your Festiva that does 13's.....that's killer!!!!!
        I would not mind having that kind of power, until I have to get it smog.....I used to know people that could help.....but they are all retired or sold their shops.
        If only I had free time .....I would probably be able to find another one of those nice chaps.

Feel free to post the pics of your Festiva.
        Still learning my way through the forum as member.... Before I would just look around, when I had no Festiva to share with the forum.
        $75 will get you any engine you want from the pick n pull, maybe more like $100 if you do not just need the block. I thought you just wanted another stock engine to get going again.

For smog I did it legit. I went to the State Smog Referee and he went over my whole swap and smogged it. So now I can go to any normal smog shop and get normal smogged there. I'm pretty sure im going to hot smog it next year since i'm not very legal anymore.

This list has a lot of information regarding engine swaps except for a B6T which is the engine I have. The B6 is generally very straight forward swap and looks stock so you wouldn't have to worry about smog while getting 20 more hp.

Last edited by Grey Vw; 10-22-2012, 03:26 PM.
        91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
        14 C7 Z51

Comment

Wow I am excited I can go both ways ( don't take that the wrong way ).
          I can stay stock or mod it with a cool + 20hp extra bump.

Is there a link within this forum that would assist me in the engine upgrade that is relatively easily to pass ca smog?

I will have the pics put this week. With a special surprise got pics of my sisters 88 Festiva ( with 4spd ).
          Still running well with 167k miles. But , her car needs struts all around.

I hope to have pics posted this week. Finding free time is a challenge. Got Toddlers at home which pleasantly zaps any free time. When there asleep the time is spent catching up with home upkeep and mundane life chores.

Thank you all!

Comment

There is a b6 with auto trans on craigslist right now in Reseda. Sad thing is i was going to buy the whole 323 as a daily driver and he scooped it up and now is selling the powertrain.

You have to convince the wife that a not running car is an eyesore, to get it on the road makes the house look better, so it IS a chore/project/honeydo!
            1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Well I guess I cannot upload pics.....I read the forum rules .....I have to be 45 days old. If someone has an idea... please let me know.
              Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Cross View Post
                Well I guess I cannot upload pics.....I read the forum rules .....I have to be 45 days old. If someone has an idea... please let me know.
                Sorry
                Get a photobucket account and upload your photos there. Then copy/paste the [IMG] code for that photo into your post.
                -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                Random Festiva Parts
                Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                  Get a photobucket account and upload your photos there. Then copy/paste the [IMG] code for that photo into your post.
                  Bingo!
                  1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                  2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                  1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

I haven't done it myself but all I've heard is that it is basically just like replacing the stock motor. Just don't tell the smog guy that it is swapped, he shouldn't notice.
                    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                    14 C7 Z51

Comment

Hope this works

93 Exterior (4).JPG93 Exterior (6).JPG

Comment

93 Exterior (12).jpg

Interior Shots

93 Dash (1).jpg

Comment

93 Interior (9).jpg93 Interior (12).JPG

Comment

93 Interior (13).JPG93 Interior (17).JPG

Comment

93 Interior (18).JPG93 Interior (19).JPG

Comment

Engine Bay Take note of smoke from oil filler cap.

93 Eng (2).jpg93 Eng (10).jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X