Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NewBie in San Francisco CA ( I finally got my dream 93 Festi )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Sister's 88 alongside my 93
    88 (1).JPG88 (2).JPG

Last Post
    Goodnight.:wave:
    Last edited by Cross; 10-24-2012, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Looks like you got yourself a pretty nice little Festy. Congrats!
      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
      Random Festiva Parts
      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Very clean. Only the battery hold down clamps show any rust due to acid vapors.
        You could post a WTB for a lower driver seat cover. If you do decide to change it, then you only need some hog ring pliers and hog rings.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 10-24-2012, 11:19 AM.

Comment

That car is really clean and straight. I just did a B6 swap on my car, pretty easy all told. Get some good help, you have had offers already, use the seqarch function and find the build threads, read through, buy the parts, and DO IT!

I promise, you will love it
          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

WOW that thing is MINTY
            Buck.
            -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
            -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
            -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

Hi gang,

What should I be paying for a b6 motor? What cars came with it?

OR

The other options is sell the Festy......need to keep peace in the household.

Let me know if you have a good home. Worst case is CL.
              Open to offers.
              Email is Crossworth1@gmail.com
              NOTE: will have to sell as a parts car cuz it cannot pass smog.
              A suggestion was .....if several festy friends wanted to pool the funds together and make it a project or stripped the car.
              Well I guess I lost this round.....hoping my sister sells me her car down the road.
              Car is located near Hayward CA 94545

Comment

Sell it to someone out of state, and no problem, I bet advanced dynamix wants in on this, since it is white, and minty.....

Comment

Check for bubbles in the radiator, just a blown head gasket.

Comment

Hi DenGuy,

There are no bubbles, coolant is NOT contaminated. Oil is still Oil not milk.
                    I am beginning to think a block PCV passage. The Festy seems real strong from my dyno-butt.
                    It certainly winds up faster than my sisters car. And she just pass smog on her bi-annual smog.

Comment

Nice clean car lad! Something like that would get snapped up pronto out this way. More than likely something is clogged in the venting apparatus and with a bit of fussing around you'll be back on the road. Those engines are quite durable and 175K is a teenager by comparison to some on this site.
                      First you have to get your head around the fact that these cars are easy to work on (for the most part), and they're fun to drive. The savings in gas and insurance per year will easily pay for the upgrades and/or repairs. If a 'new' engine is in the offing it would be a good start to try to find one that is in a complete and running Ford Aspire. Then all of a sudden you'll also have access to better suspension, modern brakes and a real choice of wheels too. Festys are addictive!

Comment

I know some people on this site don't believe it, but go buy, and follow the instructions at Autozone on a can of "Guaranteed to pass" I've used it twice, and had it make a car that wouldn't pass emissions, pass emissions. It's a $10 risk. Give it a try!

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
                        1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                        1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
                        1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
                        1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                        1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
                        1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

Hi Bert,

Thank you, and I do agree with you. Festy are great cars, nimble,
                          Lotsa luggage space, even two Mtn Bikes fit ( tires removed), great mpg, low insurance cost and too me what I like the most is the nearly 360 panoramic view you get while driving. It like riding a motorcycle w/out the wind noise. Of course I wish it had more power.

Sadly I have to let go. My wife wants it out. The good news I may acquire my sisters '88 FESTIVA.
                          Yahoo.

I guess no takers, nor can I post it on the FOR SALE THREAD. I am newbie Nd do not want to step on the webmaster toes, virtually speaking that is. Yup!, I read the stickies.

I will keep my opens for a Donor Aspire. I will have it ready when I acquire my sisters Festy..

Comment

Originally posted by Cross View Post
                            Hi Bert,

Thank you, and I do agree with you. Festy are great cars, nimble,
                            Lotsa luggage space, even two Mtn Bikes fit ( tires removed), great mpg, low insurance cost and too me what I like the most is the nearly 360 panoramic view you get while driving. It like riding a motorcycle w/out the wind noise. Of course I wish it had more power.

Sadly I have to let go. My wife wants it out. The good news I may acquire my sisters '88 FESTIVA.
                            Yahoo.

I guess no takers, nor can I post it on the FOR SALE THREAD. I am newbie Nd do not want to step on the webmaster toes, virtually speaking that is. Yup!, I read the stickies.

I will keep my opens for a Donor Aspire. I will have it ready when I acquire my sisters Festy..

DUDE! DO NOT SEND THAT CAR TO THE CRUSHER!

Someone on the site will want it! Send Freshtiva a PM, and see if he won't give you approval. Advertise the thing on Craigslist, many a member and non member hunt that list (hint hint, guys and girls, keep an eye on the CA CL ads....)

Also, grow a pair! That that wife to leave the car stuff to you, and go make a sammich, LOL!

Seriously, I bet you dollars to donuts at least ten members would rather give you $500 than see that old girl in a JY. I know I have personally pulled over 400K out of two festy engines.
                            Last edited by scitzz; 11-01-2012, 03:39 AM.

Comment

I would get lots of pics up on craigslist documenting the body panels and interior. A running s-pile is worth less than a minty one that doesn't run to us fans, as body work and downtime is more than an engine swap, but at the same time most people want something that runs now. You just have to put it up regardless and hope the right kind of person bites. As mods see this thread, it's genuine back and forth not a spammer maybe they can help you on here as well.

p.s. I cant tow that car home or id take it myself
                              Last edited by getnpsi; 11-01-2012, 12:01 PM.
                              1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Re: NewBie in San Francisco CA ( I finally got my dream 93 Festi )

Why do you have to sell a good-running car? I surely hope she's not embarrassed by it!
                                In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Working...
                                X