Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt's Back!!

well kinda...

I was on the phone with Mr. Dickmeyer for over 2 hrs today (first time ever talking to him), and i can't express how easy it was to converse with him... he'll gnaw you're ear off if you let him lol. at any rate, he turned me on to the turbos he's got on the shelf now and asked that i mention them here for those who are interested in boosting their festys. All US made, all to his specs, and all warented for a year. best part: UNDER $250!!! that's for a brand NEW custom turbo, that's a better deal than any china made unit. See his Facebook page for details.

ok, enough of the Advertisement pitch. i learned a few things while talking to him about modding the head on Skippy. the valve guides that protrude into the runner are worth 25+% flow when removed. That's a HUGE improvement people. So any time you pull the head for any reason, get rid of that guide protrusion. and you all know about the exhaust shelf... that goes too. then there's the chamber work. i'll be making a build thread soon and i'll chronicle the mods that he recomended. i'll also be having a few cams modded for future engine builds. again: details to follow. With the info he gave me, I should be able to surpass the B6 crank output with a B3, at the wheels.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Hehe. I talked with him once too. I really don't understand how nobody bought his stuff when he was offering it. NOWHERE can you get what he was offering for the prices he posted. Just sad.

But this news is cool.
    Last edited by sketchman; 10-23-2012, 04:53 PM.
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

that's what i was saying too!! he's got enough on his plate to keep him buisy for a long time, he doesnt need our buisness, BUT, he's glad to offer what he can. and honestly, when you talk custom, you talk $$$. it seems that the general public suffers from the Honda mentality where everything can be had for next to nothing and it all fits. let's face it, WE have NO aftermarket support and WE are few compaired to the honda/chevy/mustang communitys. no buisness in their right mind would make anything for us. there's no proffit or volume in it for them.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

I need to call an talk to him about a few things to. He is only a hour from me
        93 festy bp swap f series trans.

Comment

What are tor plans for fuel? Aftermarket ecu, chipped, flashed ecus?

Perfect timing on the head flow info, I've got one here I was wanting to play with.
          Last edited by zoom zoom; 10-23-2012, 06:11 PM.
          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

all factory fuel and ignition control. i'll monitor the AF afterward to verify that B6 injectors aren't required. this is a test to see what the limits are with all factory parts (albeit slightly modified). i WILL be adding an intake spacer and likely a BP TB to help cope with the increase in flow form the head.

Comment

Not surprised about the valve guides, although a 25% improvement is an awful lot. I assume he's suggesting cutting the guide off? There would be a decrease in valve stability and an increase in guide wear, but to what extent I can't say. I look forward to the details.
              Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
              04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
              62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
              Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

HAHA, thats good to hear! I actually had everything he offers for the festy head done to mine ( with the exception of his cam ) I personally am going to start off N/A with the stock computer then I am going to megasquirt it and add a little boost. Also, If you plan on boosting and are worried about head bolts the B6 ARP head studs will work on the B3 ( I currently have them installed.)

*edit* if you want, Matt has a bunch of pictures and a couple of videos of him working on my cylinder head posted on his fb page. I would suggest you check it out. I know I was itching to get my baby back after seeing his work.
                Last edited by gergorian; 10-24-2012, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
                  Not surprised about the valve guides, although a 25% improvement is an awful lot. I assume he's suggesting cutting the guide off? There would be a decrease in valve stability and an increase in guide wear, but to what extent I can't say. I look forward to the details.
                  yes, the entire exposed portion of the guide will be removed, and Matt assures me that there is no valve deflection whatsoever and i tend to have to agree here, the stock guides are excessively long for no reason.

Comment

Matt has pictures of before and after the valve guide treatment in his Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by gergorian View Post
                      Matt has pictures of before and after the valve guide treatment in his Facebook.
                      Link?

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Heres the link. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...6867515&type=3 I have pictures I took after I got the head back in my build thread in the garage, its titled project phoenix.

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
                          Hehe. I talked with him once too. I really don't understand how nobody bought his stuff when he was offering it. NOWHERE can you get what he was offering for the prices he posted. Just sad.

But this news is cool.
                          Because a lot of people are "all talk" on this forum when it comes to spending money. You see it all the time, when someone makes a custom piece.A bunch of people say "Oh yeah I want one".Then when it comes time to actually "Show me the money". They slowly fade away :nono:
                          Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                          Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                          Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                            all factory fuel and ignition control. i'll monitor the AF afterward to verify that B6 injectors aren't required. this is a test to see what the limits are with all factory parts (albeit slightly modified). i WILL be adding an intake spacer and likely a BP TB to help cope with the increase in flow form the head.
                            You gonna put it on a Dyno? I'd love to see what she'll do. Its too bad they never made a serious intake for the B3. The stock one looks like it could hold back air flow on the top end. So Matt has 1.3 turbo's? Does he have exhaust manifolds also?
                            Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                            Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                            Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by gergorian View Post
                              Heres the link. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...6867515&type=3 I have pictures I took after I got the head back in my build thread in the garage, its titled project phoenix.
                              :thumbup:

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Working...
                              X