Matt's Back!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
    Haha! If I had a spare junk head, I would work over 3 of the 4 cylinders...each with varying amounts of mods done. Then I would have him flow each one to get an idea of what effect each mod has and compare to the stock cylinder. Then he could do the remaining cylinder himself to see what he can get out of it (if he wanted). If you're interested, I may be able to kick in some bucks....assuming he would charge us, of course. It may cost too much, but it sure would be cool.
    This is pretty much what he did originally when he started this. He would port some, flow it and dyno it. Port some more, flow it and dyno it etc etc.. I have spoke to him for probably 8-9 hrs total on the phone and he is a wealth of car-tech info in general (not just our little cars).
    So pretty much, his port job he worked up is the best he could do for the small ports our little heads were blessed with.

Comment

That's the kind of info I would like. Flow values at various lifts, etc..I'm sure he knows all the specifics, but whether he would be willing to share such specifics would depend on him. Im certain he is a very nice guy, but in a way, it would be defeating his purpose as a business owner. I don't think he's worked with B6 heads either, but I could be wrong. I have little interest in b3 head flow now that I built my B6. I'm sure some people would be interested in B6t and BP head porting also. It would be a lot to ask him, but if we do the work ourselves and only ask him to do the flow testing, it would be much less of a strain on his time.

I seem to recall his experience with Modular Ford heads as well, which I have a great interest in as well.
      Last edited by blkfordsedan; 10-26-2012, 04:29 PM.
      Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
      04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
      62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
      Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Working...
      X