No announcement yet.

How bad is TOO bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure there's already a thread on this festy for sale. If I recall, the owner is a shop teacher at a high school. The story goes, he fixed it up for his son and shortly after it was wrecked.

If the car could be repaired easily, I suspect he would have done so. Doesn't look like a candidate for resto, but could be a good parts car.

Comment

So the asking price is $300 as it sits?

Get it for the asking price WITHOUT any parts being removed or walk away.

Attempt or practice body work. These things aren't made of plate steel as everyone knows. Yes there may be a few layers of metal spot welded together for strength but i would call it "fixable". Then again I am sometimes up for a good challenge when it comes to reying to save sheet metal.

"A few pieces" removed by the owner would cancel the deal for me. Been down that road before.

Just my 2¢.

Comment

If you do buy it.. go over it with a fine-tooth comb. Make sure he didn't remove a bolt. Otherwise, you might get it home and find less than you paid for.

I paid right about that for my parts car (delivered to my yard lol), and the few parts I've removed already have nearly payed for the car figuring on PullaPart prices. At the moment, I'm like.. $60 off of it paying for itself. And I have a whole 5-speed swap just sitting there waiting. Plus, they make great storage sheds for extra stuff you pick up along the way (just remove all the seats)! :p Mine's loaded down with stuff people didn't want. It even held an engine in the hatch for 2 months.
        Last edited by Spike; 11-02-2012, 08:11 PM.
        White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
        White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
        1988 LX 5-speed
        ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

How bad is TOO bad?

You can buff that out.
          ;
          www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
          rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
          '92 Festiva L M/T
          '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

get a car hauler, come here baby , I can get u all u want
            He said a bad word :nono:

1990 Festiva
            1987 F-250 diesel-powered
            1984 Ironhead Chopper
            1999 Ducati Monster

Comment

buy it, wait a while. leave it in the shed.. when he racks off, part the hell out of it, call the wreckers and get them to move the shell.. when he asks, where are the parts, just tell them they sold really well and that there was no waiting as it was now or never.. either that or sell him the parts back in a package of 2/3 what it cost you to buy the car.. basically a free car.

I mean if he's so happy to be rid the car, he should be happy enough to pay for parts for it.. otherwise he could just strip the parts before he sold it.
              Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
              Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
              Highway - 7.32L/100km
              City - yet to be determined.

Comment

Working...
              X