No announcement yet.

Festiva VS New Breed Micro's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really now it is all about the weight. If they pared the Fiat down to 1800lbs like a Festy the mileage might be impressive.

Comment

i dont really care about mpgs im more of a Smiles per Gallon kind of guy, im sure Euro and Damkid would agree
      -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Knocking off 42mpg average with regularity with both my 91 5spd, 165k miles, and my 91 5spd, 265k miles. Lots of highway driving but mostly 60 mph tops due to where I live.

Comment

Festiva VS New Breed Micro's!

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
          i dont really care about mpgs im more of a Smiles per Gallon kind of guy, im sure Euro and Damkid would agree
          Yup I agree

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by denguy View Post
            Really now it is all about the weight. If they pared the Fiat down to 1800lbs like a Festy the mileage might be impressive.
            I disagree, curb weight is 2363 for the fiat 500 pop, I can't see it getting much better than say 45 MPG with the weight drop.
            Because I think the real issue is the coefficient of drag.
            The festiva suffers more than the Fiat, but because both are sub 12 foot vehicles they have a real problem cleanly detaching the air from their surfaces.
            With some aero mods on both I'd like to think breaking 50 MPG without hypermiling could be done.
            This is were the Fiats more modern drive train could well help, not to mention available turbo version.
            '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
            '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
            '92 Aqua parts Car
            '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
            '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
            Your holy ghost will not save you.
            Your God plutonium will not save you.
            In fact...
            ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
              Yup I agree
              And me too. Beautiful day here today. Cleand up Semper Fisteva and did a little crusin'. Lotsa smiles.

Comment

Working...
              X