Your MPG with headers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your MPG with headers?

I'd like to know what kind if any gas mileage increase you may have gotten with the installation of a full exhaust system. Header, mid pipe and muffler. I'm fully aware of the performance increase an exhaust system will give but I'm interested to hear about your mileage increase.

Toonces

B6 20k on engine headwork exhaust intake no cat.. 34-42

Comment

so mileage is better without the cat?
      "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

I'm not a granola crunching eco-geek, but I would say nowadays its best to stick with the cat. Fuel economy benefits from removing one are a myth, and it should be a last thought performance wise in my mind :blah5:
        4-spd 1989 Festiva - carburated baby!

Comment

Originally posted by festerzilla
          I'm not a granola crunching eco-geek, .....
          HAHAHA....thats funneh

Comment

anyone have a header on a b3? what would the hp gain be? and i wonder also about fuel economy.
            "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by festerzilla
              I'm not a granola crunching eco-geek
              WTF? I think you're confusing foody or health nut with eco geek. I suppose those who are into good food, cooking & personal health would also be into ecological health since the latter is required for the former.

Personally I'd rather replace my cat just because it's getting smelly as f'k on the roads lately since they stopped the emissions testing. I don't like being poisoned while driving down the road and being given added headaches and nausia from breathing in fumes after a long day's work. In short I don't want a smelly ass car. I recall being made fun of in highschool since I drove an old beater wagon that smelled like "one of the yellow school buses." If that's what you want be my guest but there is a reason we have toilets and sewers, and garbage pickup, so people don't take craps in their front yards and dump their trash in the street like used to happen pre rennaissance and before "eco geeks" and environmental standards. There's a similar reason why cars have cats on them and emissions control.

Comment

Originally posted by festivareal
                In short I don't want a smelly ass car.
                Having no cat doesn't make it smell in your car... leaks do.

And if you get a headache from emmissions, you probably need A/C, fresh air filters and to never open your windows.. because most diesel engines put it out by the buttload..

Comment

aahhhh... the nice black smoke from diesels. gotta love it.

92l efi 240K+ stock

Comment

No cats

Smells like 1972 :lol: :lol:
                    ------------------------------------------------
                    The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                    Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                    HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                    Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                    Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                    Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                    Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                    90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                    It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Originally posted by xpnsyd
                      In short I don't want a smelly ass car.
                      Having no cat doesn't make it smell in your car... leaks do.
                      And if you get a headache from emmissions, you probably need A/C, fresh air filters and to never open your windows.. because most diesel engines put it out by the buttload..
                      I'm not talking about in my car, I'm talking about outside it. The festiva has a cabin air filter? There aren't many Diesels here and diesels don't stink when running biodiesel. The new diesels don't stink much anyway. Just took a trip through Canada and being sensible, mature and intelligent people there are a lot there and you can't smell them much. Not like from large trucks.

A tar truck was retarring a roof on a building near here for 2 weeks. Every morning the once fresh air smelled like tar fumes. It made everyone sick and nauseous and plain ruined my days. Sorry I like clean air.

Comment

Originally posted by packrat427
                        No cats

Smells like 1972 :lol: :lol:
                        1972 smelled like arse. We michiganders get to enjoy it right at this time during the Woodward Dream cruise. I freaking hate getting stuck behind one of those loud, dirty, smelly big POSs. Gonna have to avoid Woodward. To me a POS is big, has a lot fumes, ugly, and dirty just like the POS in toilet bowls. Anything but clean and efficient. Waste is like gluttony.

Comment

Just took a trip through Canada and being sensible, mature and intelligent people there are a lot there and you can't smell them much.
                          And we're not.. hmm..sounds like ARENA talk..

I don't live out in the country where there's fresh air and unmolested Festiva bliss... I live in the 4th largest city in the US where eco nuts are afraid to breath..

Comment

Originally posted by xpnsyd
                            Just took a trip through Canada and being sensible, mature and intelligent people there are a lot there and you can't smell them much.

I don't live out in the country where there's fresh air and unmolested Festiva bliss... I live in the 4th largest city in the US where eco nuts are afraid to breath..
                            So man go back to dark ages and take craps in your front yard and throw your trash out on the street. No better yet crap in your living room and throw your trash all around your house. Otherwise YOU ARE an "econut" because throwing out your trash and crapping in toilets is TADUM ECOLOGICAL! But back during the Rennaisance era some lookouts got the bright idea that perhaps it was crapping in the front room and throwing trash on the street was causing disease like the plague and people were dying, so they got ecological and started cleaning up after themselves.

Some people just HAPPEN to like breathing clean AIR! That's why TADUM people take vacations in the COUNTRY, or the MOUNTAINS, or the SEASIDE. It feels GOOD! Just as GOOD BEER tastes GOOD and gives you a GOOD BUZZ. Just as GOOD FOOD tastes GOOD. Just as good women (or men whatver gender you might be) feel good. Call them connoisseurs of good air and call your self something evolution passed over.

There's nothing "nuts" about it, thats how the world is by DEFAULT. It was CLEAN. The nuts are the freaking idiots failing to understand that they are wrecking that which keeps them alive. (That's actually insanity and pure stupidity by all practical purposes) Can't eat money or drink oil. What don't pollution nuts and Living Room Crapper Nuts understand about that? If they are so proud of being dirty then hell be my guest DRINK A GALLON OF GASOLINE. It'll make you happy. It will make you think you are SOMEHOW right. Sheise at least you'll win the Darwin Award. BUT LEAVE THE REST OF US OUT OF IT. We don't have to put up with your crap, your trash and your fumes, that's violating OUR freedom. You wouldn't want to put up with ours would you?

Comment

[quote="xpnsyd"]
                              You gotta be freaking kidding me. WE buy cars, hell we buy almost EVERYTHING based on emotion. That's not mature. That's what adolescents do. Imagining they are outdoing one another by buying the biggest car possible. Always trying to one up one another. Always puffing up their chests bragging about this or that. No adult practicality, no adult logic, absolutely ZERO sense of future events or long term costs. That's the one thing about when we are teenagers, it's hard to comprehend the future or the Long Now. Only short term immediate gratification rules the day. Some or more Americans seem to never out grow that. We are known throughout the world as the most spendthrifty suckerable consumers on the planet.

There's very little logic to what many American men in particular buy. They buy cars like women buy clothes and makeup. They are like foofy fashion addicts. Queer eye for the car guy. LMAO This is why they gotta buy big gas guzzling cars and trucks to protect their little peepees from ever getting in an accident. I mean how femme is it to be worrying about what others think about how you look in a car. There are few things more femme than for a man to be vain. Who gives a crap what others think.

If you don't care, if vanity isn't the only thing important to you then you'll be laughing as they spend a "day's work" just filling up their cars for a week. Does anyone really think Gasoline prices are going to stop going up? Get a freaking clue wake up and smell the profits big oil is making off your suckerable asses. Since they make a percentage based on the price of each barrel it's in their best interest to make the price of the barrel go up.

At LEAST Festiva drivers are hell of a lot more sensible and mature than lunatics-in-denial driving SUVs and other gsas guzzlers around as daily drivers.

Comment

Working...
                              X