No announcement yet.

Your MPG with headers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think you are preaching to the wrong forum. what do we drive again? a 63 hp fire eating giant called festiva. :lol:
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by todd00
      i think you are preaching to the wrong forum. what do we drive again? a 63 hp fire eating giant called festiva. :lol:
      Amen. I'm not preaching, I'm pissed. Reminds me of college when some people thought they had more right to play loud music than others have right to peace and quiet. Na-ah, peace and quiet was there first and is a natural right, loud music is not necessary and is harmful to things like studying. Just like clean air is a natural right and dirty air is harmful to things like working out hard and sleeping well.

As for American consumers. Here's a case in point. I was recently in the market for a new stove top. My ceramic top was cracked. I HATED that thing the entire time I got it. Took too long to heat up, scorched the hell out of food when it did, and carmelized anything that spilled over which was hard to clean up. They aren't for people who cook. So I went to looking for a coil top because it would be too expensive to plumb in gas lines. THERE ARE HARDLY ANY AVAILABLE! Why?! Because Americans think the freaking smooth tops are PRETTIER! I don't CARE how pretty it is I want to COOK FOOD.

Anyway if any ya'll want some good grub I'll be cooking marianated teriyaki chicken. Just bring the tools so I can get the wheel off! :lol:

Comment

whats your location, you didnt say. people always follow the fads, well the stupid ones do at least. :lol:

Comment

I broke a Snap On socket and the Ratchet the very first time I took off the 12" steelies , and it took a 12 lb. sledge to get them off ,seriously ..
          Rubber mallet , and a Dead blow would not touch it .
          ------------------------------------------------
          The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
          Smart Passion white with H-D interior
          HD2500 Duramax Chevy
          Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
          Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
          Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
          Z28 LS1 power 500 +
          90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
          It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

I hear you about American consumer society festivareal, but its not everyone, and believe it that people ARE waking up to the fact that America is the testing ground for crap other countries won't buy. Why can't we get a diesel Yaris? Or any other decent small gasoline car like are sold in Europe presently? Hybrids. America is given shit to choose from so don't be surprised when many people choose shit. Maybe your half Canadian or something but I find it insulting to be rolled into the "stupid, lazy American" category. I'm just dealing wit the straps I been given.... yo. On the ecological point, I'm like Al Gore every time its above 90 degrees I blame global warming :lol:
            4-spd 1989 Festiva - carburated baby!

Comment

was i rolled into that category also.. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by festivareal

So man go back to dark ages and take craps in your front yard and throw your trash out on the street. No better yet crap in your living room and throw your trash all around your house. Otherwise YOU ARE an "econut" because throwing out your trash and crapping in toilets is TADUM ECOLOGICAL! But back during the Rennaisance era some lookouts got the bright idea that perhaps it was crapping in the front room and throwing trash on the street was causing disease like the plague and people were dying, so they got ecological and started cleaning up after themselves.

Some people just HAPPEN to like breathing clean AIR! That's why TADUM people take vacations in the COUNTRY, or the MOUNTAINS, or the SEASIDE. It feels GOOD! Just as GOOD BEER tastes GOOD and gives you a GOOD BUZZ. Just as GOOD FOOD tastes GOOD. Just as good women (or men whatver gender you might be) feel good. Call them connoisseurs of good air and call your self something evolution passed over.

There's nothing "nuts" about it, thats how the world is by DEFAULT. It was CLEAN. The nuts are the freaking idiots failing to understand that they are wrecking that which keeps them alive. (That's actually insanity and pure stupidity by all practical purposes) Can't eat money or drink oil. What don't pollution nuts and Living Room Crapper Nuts understand about that? If they are so proud of being dirty then hell be my guest DRINK A GALLON OF GASOLINE. It'll make you happy. It will make you think you are SOMEHOW right. Sheise at least you'll win the Darwin Award. BUT LEAVE THE REST OF US OUT OF IT. We don't have to put up with your crap, your trash and your fumes, that's violating OUR freedom. You wouldn't want to put up with ours would you?
                All that from not having a cat??!! WOW!!! GAWD!.. Don't go to an indoor motorsport event. You could sieze up and fall over.. :shock:

Comment

Seriously.. Your right to have clean air is no more prevalent than my right to smoke... Your right to ride a horse is no more prevalent than my right to ride a bike.. By law, which came first doesn't matter. So a compromise is the best you can hope for when our rights collide.

Some people have different aspects on life.. I've had friends that were health nuts die at young ages in an accident and have seen chain smokers live to 100 cancer free. To each their own.

Life's too damn short to spend it argueing about crap that we can't do anything about in the miniscule lifetime we have.

Now back to MPG with a header...

Comment

what a CAT scan.(meowwwwwwwww!)

please yes, back to mpg w/header.(?)

I plan to continue to use my cat, but have thought of adding the FMS headers to my 1300 cc stock '91 Festiva L five-speed. I have put on a 1 7/8 straight pipe from the resonator back and with a special stainless steel exhaust tip from J. C. Whitney whose manufacturer in the mid-West I was able to speak with over the phone several years ago who also was the designer and which has a spring loaded flap to hold exhaust gases back a little during idle so when warming up there is supposed to be more cleaning in the cat than usual which makes for significantly less pollution AND the tip also has a venturi effect that is supposed to improve performance and fuel economy. I'd been shopping for an exhaust tip to make the law at least consider I might have a muffler and this device caught my eye and which looks really impressive.(the 1 7/8 pipe is a little larger in diameter than stock and I've read some opinions that the 1300 cc motor benefits by a little back pressure and that the full 2.2 inch pipe is overkill perhaps that FMS offers...I've also thought about eventually installing their milder of two more progressive than stock cam shafts and wonder if this would affect mileage adversely or positively...I'm mostly into longevity and good mileage, but am of the school that believes improved performance can also mean improved economy and that BREATHING BETTER HURTS NOTHING to weigh in on the CATastrophy with out going overboard and losing the interesting part of the thread since a Festiva is not exactly Three Mile Island or the reactionary invasion of Iraq or whatever on a scale of one through ten)(and I dig having the 1300 cc motor and would likely never swap mills unless someone gave me a brand new Miata 1800 cc that was absolutely simple to install or whatever...I like driving to the car's limits just to be able to keep up and am probabley safer that way)
                    '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Comment

Originally posted by festerzilla
                      Maybe your half Canadian or something but I find it insulting to be rolled into the "stupid, lazy American" category.
                      Should I find it insulting that you think I have to be half Canadian to have good taste? I find it equally insulting that Americans are rolled into that category hence why I am raving against such behavior of some people. But I never used those words or that category.

Originally posted by xpnsyd
                      Seriously.. Your right to have clean air is no more prevalent than my right to smoke...
                      Of course it is! LMAO You don't require smoke for SURVIVAL. We need clean air for survival. Smoking is a "luxury" not a need. Needs take precedents over luxuries any day and the needs of one NEVER takes precedence over the needs of the many.

Your right to ride a horse is no more prevalent than my right to ride a bike.
                      Of course it is! Again riding horses does not violate others' rights except in some cases. They don't cause chemical damage to other things or noise disturbances and cause far less environmental damage to trails. For those simple facts one has far more right to ride a horse than ride a motorcycle. When you are riding a motorcycle or smoking you are infringing on others' rights, when you breath clean air you aren't infringing on anyone elses rights.

By law, which came first doesn't matter.
                      By Natural Law it does. Most property/nations are by law to those who were there first.

Some people have different aspects on life.. I've had friends that were health nuts die at young ages in an accident and have seen chain smokers live to 100 cancer free. To each their own.
                      This is a strawman argument There have also been 1 or 2 people who have jumped out of planes and their shoot didn't open and they survived this doesn't mean everyone should go out jumping out of airplanes without shoots for better health. Having single examples of things doesn't set the trend for the majority of things.

Life's too damn short to spend it argueing about crap that we can't do anything about in the miniscule lifetime we have.
                      But these ARE things we CAN do something about. The sooner something is done about it the better, just as it was during the rennaissance days whe n they got the bright idea to build outhouses. It's BECAUSE life is short it's about the quality of life not the quantity. Who wants to wallow in feces and garbage all their lives when something was done about it?

Comment

^^^in your dreams..

must be a nice goal in life.. futile but nice..

Comment

All that from not having a cat??!! WOW!!! GAWD!.. Don't go to an indoor motorsport event. You could sieze up and fall over.. :shock:
                          I doubt it but all the motorsport events I've been to are outdoors. Other than monster trucks, dirt bikes I've never heard of motor sport events being indoors other than car shows where no engines are started. And isn't it stupid they are still using engines invented over 100 years ago?

The bottom line is and back to mufflers and headers is I want to keep my cat just because I just happen to not like to fumigate the people driving behind me.

Comment

I take it you've never been to an outlaw race, stockers .. heck a demo derby?

Comment

I'm just givin ya a hard time, but my car doesn't smoke without a cat and header.

Comment

Thanks bobstad for trying to get this back on tract. I don't want to remove the CAT. No way. I just thought I could get some mileage increase info from someone who has actually installed a header and maybe a different muffler on the 1.3L. As far as I can tell no one has told us jack.

Comment

Working...
                                X