Switching to gasoline without ethanol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Movin View Post
    Its not but a guy that had to move rather quickly to Argentina was buying up stuff at auction
    from military base closures and ended up with a rather large supply. Even a couple years old
    the truck fleet "liked" that fuel better than the low sulpher expensive stuff.
    Don't we wish for deals like that. I'd drive quite a bit more (with my gas sort-of-guzzling truck) if bargain gas was available or I'd had it stockpiled. Festys are a losing proposition; no matter what the price of gas it takes all week and plus/minus $5 (depending on the price) just to fill one up. In the early 70s when gas was 38.9 cents per Imperial gallon it took all of $2 for me to drive my Austin Mini all week, When the 73 oil crisis hit the 'hit to the wallet' was only another 50 cents so I didn't really give a hoot and just kept on driving.

Comment

bugged with an insectuous aspiration

Originally posted by Festevil3 View Post
      My buddy has been working on an all electric aspire

I will have to get more pics, he is done with it now. He has a 110 mile range, batteries alone were 2,000 usd
      One of my longest standing mechanical fantasies-an ultra-light trike and/or car; involves using a late '70s Suburu front-wheel drive trans-axle, in company with the half a VW motor currently produced to power ultra-light aircraft: Which founders on the reality of such propulsion being archaic-albeit relatively inexpensive, given the far closer tolerances of comparable more modern motation producing motors of improved longevity, power and other desirable qualities, exclusive of cost of course: Except perhaps, the half-a-VW's feasible kitsch appeal, and commonly understood & available components.

Thus my lust to have a 600-1150 cc VW twin, powering through the Suburu pancake motor's trans-axle, a two-seater trike or perhaps larger capacity vehicle ultra-light; has lain fallow now a goodly length of time, until now imagining use of an electric motor with the Suburu trans-axle.

I suppose there are a plethora of other front-wheel drive trans-axles which could also be adapted; with my choice due to friends' use of the four-wheel drive late '70s Suburus they still probably maintain, often cannibalizing front-wheel drive Subs for their motors and/or body parts, whose trans-axles sit around in bucolic environs-as trellises for various sorts of blackberry vines.

Phew, what a fine thing though, to motor noiselessly in one of these relatively narrow considerably less than a thousand pounders! A strong monocoque chassis utilizing the trans-axle/motor as a component, with the tightly stretched skin an additional reinforcement adding further strength; to the designer built and driven aerodynamic dragonfly of a sports car: Not unlike some of the post-war German ultra-lights, for instance.
      '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Comment

Working...
      X