Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tire store insisted on putting the two new tires I bought on the REAR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lessersivad View Post
    I did the same thing on a '69 Impala convertible. I didn't go off the road but did a pretty good slide around a curve after the installation.

After i got used to the handling, it made for a fun car to drive hanging the tail out around any corner with little effort.

Ahhh, great times.....
    Let's face it. We're old... and we had more 'legal' fun than anyone today could get away with.

Comment

Some years ago, I was passing through Amsterdam during an unusually cold holiday season when all of the canals were frozen solid. Crazy Dutch people had put snow plows on the front of VW bugs (the original Type 1s), plowed off a lot of the snow, and were just having a blast spinning their cars around on the sheer ice.
      88L black, dailydriver
      88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
      4 88/89 disassembled
      91L green
      91GL aqua pwrsteer
      92GL red a/c reardmg
      3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
      1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
        Let's face it. We're old... and we had more 'legal' fun than anyone today could get away with.
        Amen.
        Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Comment

We need our own guv proof arena to tell those stories!~!!!
          Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
            Let's face it. We're old... and we have more fun than anyone today should get away with.
            There, fixed it for ya!
            Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
            Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
            "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

The biggest problem is that noone wants to let you drive away from their tire shop with nearly bald tires, front or back... huge liability issue for them, I don't blame them for that.
              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Tire Industry Association (TIA) has done significant research on this topic. ALWAYS put the better tires on the rear. The rear wheels control the vehicles vector (not direction). If the rear wheels loose traction, it can/will usually result in an unrecoverable rotation about the center of the vehicle (spin-out).
                Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

I guess I am going to have to disagree with the TIA. I am waiting for my 4 new tires.
                  The old winterforce tires were bald in front and like new in the back. Yes..as expected
                  I could not get going for anything. BUT..unable to negotiate corners, car tended to plow.
                  Not fun getting back on road with bald fronts, and darn lucky there was no opposing traffic.

Had a board meeting called in a neighboring town, after work, big storm coming in.
                  I put the good tires on front. Did I mention I could not stop before?? Now I can stop!!
                  It turns!! It actually accelerates and can merge into traffic!!! I didn't have to walk up
                  the hill dodging traffic to go home..

This is not the first time I think our government and our research people are smoking
                  dope and drinking beer at our expense while using us for their own evil plans!!

Comment

It is true- the new tires should go on the rear for safety. If the front tires lose traction first on a turn- you let off the gas and maybe hit the brakes and probably regain control. If the rear tires start to lose traction first on a turn it is very difficult not to lose control and go off roading- backwards.
                    186,000 miles per second is not just a good idea, it's the law

1990 yellow L+ (l8ly)
                    1990 yellow L+ (sunryz)
                    1992 aqua L (agua)
                    1993 blue L (aurora)

Comment

Rear wheel drive maybe...front wheel drive , I tried it several times over a week. Testers are full of!!!!!
                      Best tires should go on drive wheels....period.
                      The end ...
                      In a perfect world the best rated tire available for your size
                      should be installed on all wheels...

Above all else, the best tires should go on the end that steers and that does the most braking.

survival of the ????? go ahead....

Comment

Working...
                      X