Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

don't know if this is already here, but it seems like it's been written...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PhoenixSHO View Post
    Wow this blows chunks.

Please remember me to NEVER to move there.

But I do watch Masterchef australia , and love the FPV Falcon. My love for Australia stops there.
    it's not too bad.. we have vegemite, beer that is better than your so called "bottled water" lol, and the women are alright too.
    Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
    Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
    Highway - 7.32L/100km
    City - yet to be determined.

Comment

i was spot on guys... needed a "cherry" mount to allow the engine to fit.. otherwise there is no issue.

A mount that is changed, according to the girl on the phone to vicroads, tells me that it's technically a "vehicle modification", so "technically if i get a new mount and not say a thing cept "that's how it was" type thing, have the receipt of purchase, and a change of description form, then its all good.... AND NO VASS. WOOT WOOT

The girl even went to say that "if the mount was even modified by a few centimetres, then VASS would get involved (BULLSHIT i screamed in my head)

Oh and obviously the supporting modifications too, as if it were going for VASS (brakes, cv's etc, the normal stuff)

GET THIS MAN A "CHERRY" MOUNT NOW i hear you scream lol

Never even mentioned the vehicles capacity or even cc's of motor to me.

is the transmission the g-series transmission and what is the code for it (for example the g25msr... am i even close?)

I have also heard that possibly mx5 mounts are a possibility for the engine swap on the passenger side. (just need to confirm it)
      Last edited by jawbraeka; 01-30-2013, 11:00 PM.

Avg Economy:
      Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

Also, has anyone tried different mounts from different cars to see if a complete, non modified mounts can be used at all?

Avg Economy:
        Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

Originally posted by jawbraeka View Post
          i was spot on guys... needed a "cherry" mount to allow the engine to fit.. otherwise there is no issue.

A mount that is changed, according to the girl on the phone to vicroads, tells me that it's technically a "vehicle modification", so "technically if i get a new mount and not say a thing cept "that's how it was" type thing, have the receipt of purchase, and a change of description form, then its all good.... AND NO VASS. WOOT WOOT

The girl even went to say that "if the mount was even modified by a few centimetres, then VASS would get involved (BULLSHIT i screamed in my head)

Oh and obviously the supporting modifications too, as if it were going for VASS (brakes, cv's etc, the normal stuff)

GET THIS MAN A "CHERRY" MOUNT NOW i hear you scream lol

Never even mentioned the vehicles capacity or even cc's of motor to me.

is the transmission the g-series transmission and what is the code for it (for example the g25mr... am i even close?)

I have also heard that possibly mx5 mounts are a possibility for the engine swap on the passenger side. (just need to confirm it)

I finally found the custom mount i was talking about a while ago

here is that mount i was talking about (the custom passenger mount)

crpic33.jpg

This is what i need.. a custom passenger mount. this is what i'm looking at so i can keep it "stock"

All i say when they inspect it at vicroads is: these are the mounts that came with it, none of them have been modified at all..

The only issues with this:- they were only ever sold by FMS.. has anyone ever purchased one before at all?
          Last edited by jawbraeka; 01-31-2013, 07:08 AM.

Avg Economy:
          Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

it's not too bad.. we have vegemite, beer that is better than your so called "bottled water" lol, and the women are alright too.
            The us beer is water , canadian beer is better

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixSHO View Post
              The us beer is water , canadian beer is better
              i'll admit, i tried budweiser and it was actually ok and tasted like some of our locals over here.. nice n smooth too, but it must be ICE-COLD!!!

Avg Economy:
              Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

i have spoken to matt dickmeyer on the quiet and he was saying that he'd need to look into it a bit more..

would anyone know where i could find a custom mount fabricator in the USA at all as this is critical.

Basically, i want the parts there to make this swap a simple "plug and play" affair, so i'm not spending anymore time on the car than i need too.... lol.

Would anyone complain if there were kits available for a B6 swap at all?
                Last edited by jawbraeka; 02-15-2013, 06:36 AM.

Avg Economy:
                Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

Would anyone complain if there were kits available for a B6 swap at all?
                  with this i was meaning Engine Mount Kits

Avg Economy:
                  Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

as far as i know, vicroads want engine number and details of the car it came from

if it doesnt match yours (details that is, not engine number obviously), its a modification that needs a VASS/engineering

when vicroads were govt run they were known to ask for one for an L16 to L20 swap in 510's. now they're private im quite sure its worse

sort the conversion out, ie if you're gunna use stock mounts thats a plus, make sure you've got your head around the swap then talk to engineers. the plus side is they should be alright with it. Enkelman's in braeside are good, ask for bernie and be sure to get the point across that you'll do what you gotta do. the down side is there are more fees, and it'll need to be roadworthy to the letter for now, including EPA bullshit

or just do the swap and hope noone notices the engine number if you have a stack. that'll mean no insurance for you

edit american laws dont mean anything to us. ours are only getting tighter too
                    Last edited by jardyDB; 02-15-2013, 01:46 PM.
                    DB103

Comment

Originally posted by jardyDB View Post
                      as far as i know, vicroads want engine number and details of the car it came from

if it doesnt match yours (details that is, not engine number obviously), its a modification that needs a VASS/engineering

when vicroads were govt run they were known to ask for one for an L16 to L20 swap in 510's. now they're private im quite sure its worse

sort the conversion out, ie if you're gunna use stock mounts thats a plus, make sure you've got your head around the swap then talk to engineers. the plus side is they should be alright with it. Enkelman's in braeside are good, ask for bernie and be sure to get the point across that you'll do what you gotta do. the down side is there are more fees, and it'll need to be roadworthy to the letter for now, including EPA bullshit

or just do the swap and hope noone notices the engine number if you have a stack. that'll mean no insurance for you

edit american laws dont mean anything to us. ours are only getting tighter too
                      i understand their laws are irrelevant jardyDB, i was really just curious to know about what was going on with their side of things..

the swap i'll be doing shouldn't require any mods at all from what i have been educamacating myself with. the G-series will come later.

Jardy, where are you from anyways mate?
                      Last edited by jawbraeka; 04-30-2013, 08:50 AM.

Avg Economy:
                      Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

ok guys, will be starting my buildlog soon,

just stripping the Capri out and won't be long now.. just have to empty the transmission, remove Exhaust and cv's and then it's engine lifting time.

Just have two quick questions, is the transmission oil bolt located directly underneath the transmission, through the crossmember via a circle? what size is the bolt.

Also, i just want to thank everyone so far who has given me advice and also from all the members posts who have allowed me to learn quite a lot about my beautiful little car.. once this swap is over, i'm going to try to convince the GF to get one, if she's happy with the result.
                        Last edited by jawbraeka; 05-15-2013, 07:48 AM.

Avg Economy:
                        Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

ok guys, will be starting my buildlog soon,

just stripping the Capri out and won't be long now.. just have to empty the transmission, remove Exhaust and cv's and then it's engine lifting time.

Just have two quick questions, is the transmission oil bolt located directly underneath the transmission, through the crossmember via a circle? what size is the bolt.

Also, i just want to thank everyone so far who has given me advice and also from all the members posts who have allowed me to learn quite a lot about my beautiful little car.. once this swap is over, i'm going to try to convince the GF to get one, if she's happy with the result.

Never mind, found the bolt and drained it alright..

Tommorow, it's engine pulling time.. video up tommorow.

Avg Economy:
                          Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

here is the video of any of you haven't seen it.

also there are some pics to throw up on here as well.

Avg Economy:
                            Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

There is no vid or pics?
                              Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                              Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                              Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                              Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                              http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
                                There is no vid or pics?
                                not sure why it didn't work

here it is..

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Avg Economy:
                                Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

Working...
                                X