No announcement yet.

February Festivas .... my drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure in the definitions of Festivas all "L"s did have vinyl seats. Of course there was a pile of options, so I guess it could have been ordered with cloth complete seats. I'd say 95% of all L's have vinyl. (And all of the vinyl SUCKS!)

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
    1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
    1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
    1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
    1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
    1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
    1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

The yellow '90 "L Plus" does have the nice tweedy cloth seats and matching trim. The '93 "L" has all-vinyl seats, but the covers are completely trashed and split, and are covered up by some cheap cloth seat covers.

They couldn't have come from more different backgrounds. As I mentioned, the yellow one is a two-owner one that was garaged most of its life without driving it; the original owner put on 52,000 miles in 15 years, and the second owner (who was, in fact, "Dave" from Kill Devil Hills) only drove it to Raleigh once a year to foregather with other Festiva owners.

The red one had a hard life - it had many owners, including the proverbial college kids, until it was wrecked by a deer strike (took out the fender, hood, windshield, and dash, and broke a rear wheel support member when it swerved into the bank.) It sat at the owner's farm for a year, and his grandkids used to start it up and go bushwacking and creek splashing in it ON THREE WHEELS. Surprisingly, it experienced NO rusting during this time. It then went to a salvage yard on a salvage title, and was resurrected by a local guy who replaced the broken and smashed parts with other salvage yard parts, and drove it for a year till his wife had a baby and he needed money to fix up his old 4-door Toyota, and I bought it. I've put 60,000 miles on it, and now my son's driving it to avoid the fuel bills from his GM 1500 pickup truck ....

Amazing little cars, these are. Everyone who sees them has SOME comment to make ... sometimes joking (I'm 6'2" 280 pounds), but generally positive!

Lannis
      Last edited by Lannis; 02-05-2013, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
        Well then the all cloth L seats would be an upgrade to mine!
        Prafeston -

Actually, my L did have vinyl on the front seats.....it was on the side of the seat. Is that what you meant above?
        88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
        88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
        91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
        93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

Working...
        X